Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A little help here, please...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Shaggy, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I was banned today from FSC.com for having the wrong opinion. The admin over there is ban happy. If any of you nice folks would like to help give his banning finger some cramps, I wouldn't object. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif But then again, maybe that wouldn't be nice. For some reason it got to me, even though I only joined yeterday because there was a thread I HAD to comment on. Here's that thread (kind of long, you can skip a bunch of pages, my first post is on page 5, they also banned Willyswanter for his post, which I really don't get)-

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/showthread.php?s=1b5faa6a75515f9f29f941dda22b7dfc&amp;threadid=32457

and another thread about the whole deal on ORC -

http://bbs.off-road.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=offroadchevstandard&amp;Number=904836&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=1&amp;vc=1

If anyone wants to say something, I'd prefer you didn't flame, but something along the lines of the fact that a forum is no fun without differing opinions, but if you want to just flame, I'm not gonna say anything. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Usually I'd let this drop, but there's something about this situation that just rubbed me wrong.

If someone wants to get the POR guys over there to work them over, I wouldn't mind that either. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif These FSC guys... something about someone that defends a parking lot princess on 44s just rubs me wrong. To each his own they say, unless your opinion is different than theirs. Maybe I'm an ass, who knows? /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

Just so everyone's clear, I don't want to be reinstated over there, I just want to... well shoot, I don;t know what I want. Just to let them know that I think that they were in the wrong, and if they reevaluate their administration practices that maybe their forum wouldn't be just a bunch of posers fawning over each other's trucks. Uh oh, there I go being mean... /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/ooo.gif

One more link - funny that we're messing with them, when they started the bad juju by banning me, and subsequently other ORC people. I think I may have started some $h!t here /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif ... I know this isn't ORC, but I'm a member here and was hoping that some of you guys might help me out on this. If not, let this drop, please, and I'll delete it.

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forum/showthread.php?s=1b5faa6a75515f9f29f941dda22b7dfc&amp;threadid=32718 </font color>

2. mercercadet

mercercadet 1/2 ton status

I read most of the post over there and I totally agree with the statements you made, granted even though people like show trucks even judges and anyone with common sense will tell a person there retarded for running 44's on half ton running gear with ifs or solid axle. I wouldn't worry about it too much, they had a whole lot of showin off in their forums and junk, but I'm guessin most of it was probably just for show... just like some of their junk on 44's/forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

WOW! I needed a good laugh! That was funny as hell,
    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    What are the things you do? Look at it while it's parked? Get groceries at the Quicky Mart on the corner? Use it as a sunshade at car shows? Sleep underneath it to stay out of the rain? Please enlighten me as to what stock 1/2 ton IFS with 44s is good for...

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet that got their Tommy Hilfiger boxers in a bunch!!

I cant bring myself to register and defend you. Its like arguing with liberals. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

Dude...I will jump in on this, but this made me laugh til my eyes watered. HAHAHAHAHA!
    38"+ tires on GM 1/2 ton IFS make Baby Jesus cry

[/ QUOTE ]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. YOu da ma, Evan.

5. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

That was some really funny stuff...ya notice how when they describe all the "mods" to their trucks they list floormats, taillights, and other bright shiny stuff that hasn't got nuthin' to do with anything...Thanx for the laff

6. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Nice going Shaggy... looks like you got everyone in a hissy fit over there.

I just recently started reading threads over there for the first time. I think as well as these "bad azz" trucks they have ricers as well. I sure hope nobody listens to what they say over there. It actually hurts my eyes to even read some of the crap they spew out. AS well as the flashy graemlins and sigs they all got.
    I just have to say kudos to you shaggy and 94tahoe2dr for looking out for their best intrests. You tried to warn them all. Screw them if they dont listen.

That site is just a waste of my time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% Those sites blow hard! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

7. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Haha, yeah, I got a kick out of the sigs also, I couldn't beleive some of them! "Z71 embroidered floormats, painted door handles". Oooh, I am SO impressed! Did ya see the tech section on the main site? It's the place to be if you want to know how to install a body lift or swap in some Escalade door handles! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Here's a "quote of the day", from one of the users over there - </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I mean really what differance does it make to have a DAna 60 vs a 10 bolt? what you got more money? thats about it...honestly.

[/ QUOTE ] </font color>

8. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

that site gives me the warm fuzzies /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif bet they group hug /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

9. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

one thing that showed how stupid they were is some guy /forums/images/icons/confused.gif said that the only difference between a d60 and a d44 is that the d60 was more money. fawking dumba$$.

10. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

Link wouldnt let me in. What section is the post in?

11. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

Yeah, they remind me of the wanna be ricer's. thinking that some shiny plastic and stickers will make their truck better. Ha!!! Whats sad is with all the money that was put into these trucks these people probably don't have any idea how to fix a simple repair. But thats OK, when they break down, i'll be there to pick up their girls and leave them behind. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

12. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

They are ban happy, my IP address was just banned and I didnt even post a reply to any post, WTF! Maybe cause I put COK5 as my home page. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

13. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

It must be automatically banning you if you click the link it did it to me to so I e-mailed the administrator

14. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I love someones comment from one guy saying screw people with SFA. If we have the money to go that way then good for us... ah hello the IFS trucks cost more to do everything to them including the buying price. So he's knocking someone based on that, yet he can't do math if he thinks IFS is cheaper then SFA... /forums/images/icons/confused.gif /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I knew there was a reason I only use this site and PBB for my tech info and for help....

15. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah, I came on there, and was all nice, and they banned me, so I came back making a post asking why i was banned with a screenshot of my post, and they banned me again and deleted my post. Then they IP banned me, I came back, they IP banned me again, I came back again asking what I did, and they IP banned me again. Well, I'm sick of registering, so I changed my IP again so I could read what there saying about me /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Oh well, I guess life with FSC will go on, somehow, wait, I just registered yesterday /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Anyway, I said that the truck with 44's and 1/2 ton IFS was unsafe and I got banned, then a member of theres personally attacked me with coments and I got banned again for saying that he didn't know what he was talking about, big bunch of meanies.

16. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> All that's left is a thread from the ORC admin trying to figure out what the big deal was, since my posts were not flames at all. Go to the off-road section, it appears that if you link in you are automatically banned. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif Drama! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif </font color>

17. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I think the whole site is down right now. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

18. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Yup, sure looks like it, I wonder how that could have happened? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif </font color>

19. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Let's try it one more time........
    Still loading........
    still loading.........
    still loading........
    still loading........
    still loading........
    still loading........
    Ah the hell with it. Click on X, end of story........

20. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue"> Well... I get harassed for being a 1/2 ton IFSer quit a bit. I also hate it when people do the Im bigger and Im badder thing. Its pointless HOWEVER.....
    I trully beleive that you can not put huge tires (IE 35+ ) and a huge lift on a 1/2 ton IFS truck. As a 1/2 ton owner I fully agree it wouldnt be a smart thing to do at all. If they really beleive they can do what the bigger trucks can do and without damage they havn't really tried. I love my truck its perfect for me and what I want to get out of it but there is no way I would slap huge tires on it and a big ol lift. I may get made fun of for having a 4 inch lift and 33s but I would rather do that and keep my truck in good condition. Why do something to it that it cannot handle?

I dont know where they got the idea that IFS is cheaper. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif What planet are they on? I would like to know where they are buying thier lifts from , and where they get them installed.

Its people like that (on that chat board) who make us 1/2ton IFSers look bad. Again I dont like getting harrassed about it and I really think the who is better argument is pointless and uncalled for. But I think that anyone who goes around owning a 1/2 ton IFs and claim they can do what the bigger trucks can do let alone without damage or problems are pretty ignorant. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif </font color>