Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A Little Help With Gears and Gov Loc (14 bolt)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dhdescender, Mar 31, 2004.

1. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    I have a Gov Lock unit sitting in my garage, with a 4.56 Ring installed on it.

I need to be able to tell if the carrier is a 4.10 and down with a Thick 4.56 ring, or if it is a 4.56 and up carrier with a stock ring on it.

Can somone with either a Thick or regular Cut 4.56 Gear measure the thickness for me? Or is there another way to identify what carrier this is? I see the part numbers for gov lock as 12479061 fore the 4.10 and down, and 260620643 for 4.56 and up...but any numbers that are cast on the outside of the case don't seem to crossrefernce at all.
    I checked billvistas 14 bolt bible...thats where I got the part #'s from..but no luck.

Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

Those numbers you refered to would be on the edge of the carrier itself much like the numbers on the edge of the ring gear.