Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A Little Help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mamalloy, Jan 18, 2006.

1. mamalloy

mamalloy Newbie

Just found the site after several months of researching the web for parts,advice,manufacturers,etc.for several months.Had to join after browsing the free stuff...really think this could help,but I need a few tips on navigating the site though. The discussions (forums) are what I need most since I need alot of advice & some insight to some dealers,manufacturers,& shops in my area & abroad that can help w/my project.I purchased my 71' k5 about 2 yrs. ago, I'm the 3rd owner...unfortunately #2 owner wanted a street truck that only looked like a 4x4, needless to say he did some poor modifications.Since then I've done some serious mods on the trany(after cracking the case while driving)...350 turbo A/T-new case,stage 2 shift kit,Kevlar bands,custom crank case,Edlebrock deep pan,trany cooler etc...etc...etc...I've done a few others too,like changed the 373's to 410's w/H/D diff. covers,new beerings,4-core aluminum rad.,33"BFG A/T's on 15"s,exterior trim stuff,& a few others.My next project is the electrical,a complete re-wire,but I'm having trouble finding all the parts...tried Painless & a few others but couldn't find everything to complete the job & make it as "painless" as possible.Next is brakes,tried to find a conversion kit to go 4-wheel disc but no luck...I need some stopping power...is there somthing out there better than the stock drums...?Suspension is next...the lift is junk but I didn't do it(blocks & chakles w/1-ton springs,I think it's a recurve,oh it's not a one ton truck either).Who has the best suspensions kits for k5's? I was looking @ Superlift.I also wanted to modify the steering box to a crossover...does it make a difference...?I also wanted to do several mods,but to many to mention now,I'll post more latter w/some pics if any one is interested.I'm very passionate about this project,I just want to do everything right & I need some advice...

2. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

Try using the search feature, every mod you have listed has been covered in depth in its own individual thread, advanced search makes it easier to narrow down your results