Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A little help!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pitbulls'n'blazers, Jan 18, 2006.

1. pitbulls'n'blazers

pitbulls'n'blazers Registered Member

Hey ,thanks for all past posts,yall might be able to help me.Here we go,there is part of my '87 K5 that rusted though(whats new),it's right in front of the rear bench on the right side and go's to the wheel well,and rusted out the front seat belt at the bottom. I am sorry I don't have a picture,but does any one know what part or parts I would need to finish the job?

2. tacomuncher

tacomuncher 1/2 ton status

rust sux

if it were i i would look for some sheet that would work in the wheel well like in a junk yard. also for the seat belt mount cut one out. and weld a new one in rust sux the best way i feel to deal with it is to cut and weld.:D

3. blackblazer717

blackblazer717 1/2 ton status

all i can suggest is, find some replacement stuff from the bone yard, have them tortch it out, and you cut out all your old junk and weld in the decent stuff, rust is the worst, especially from new england, maan i have it bad. also you have maker your own patches from flat sheet steel from sears hardware or true value that sort of thing.

LUKE