Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A little of what i have done latley (full cage/WTO hydro)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SCOOBYDANNN, Mar 19, 2003.

1. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

so what I've done latly

WTO Hydro assist w/ a 2" ram mounted high above anythng that will grab it. [​IMG]

and a full roll cage and 5 point harness(minus some seats)made from 1 3/4 .120 wall [​IMG]

more pictures here http://community.webshots.com/album/66963412ykgUyV and at the website below.

2. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

Re: A little of what i have done latley

WOW! that is exactly how I envisioned mounting the ram to the tube! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Nice work! BTW why are there grab handles on the drivers side of the cage, aren't you supposed to be holding the wheel? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif One more thing, are you using the stock engine x-member (can't tell from the pics) to run that straight draglink or???

3. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Re: A little of what i have done latley

The grab handles are more of help me get in and out handles-(I used to use the steering wheel to pull me in. A big no-no)--the truck sits higher than i like but haven't found some springs. i have a straight draglink but havn't modifyed the crossmember, but i've gotten pretty flexed up and there are barly any scratches on either--im going to be fixing that problem in the near future.