Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a little predicament i`m in

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NEK5, Jun 5, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

and i have no idea to go about it..i suppose i`ll get started....i`ve known my buddy and his family for well around 8 years..i mean they`re great...we all get along and have great times...my parents love em` and so do i..about 5 years ago they moved to a different part of the city, which was funny, as it was the same part of the city where me and my family had just bought a house(where we live now)...and then we got a pool and then they got a pool yadayadayada....so we seem to have been "linked" together for a long while...his father (who`s pretty much a jack of all trades) is sweet, i mean if it wasnt for is help i would`nt even have the blazer, let alone a car as i wouldnt been able to afford the problems a car brings...i mean he helps me with everything and doesnt mind teaching me and his son(my buddy) in the process...where always helpin or watchin him work on cars and such and i love for some reason helping him around the house....lately i`ve even been going over there when my buddys at work and spend some time with his family and such...so heres where my problem is...lately my buddys parents have been talkin about movin to new hampshire...well i guess they talked everyone into it and a week or two ago they went up to NH (Goffstown to be exact) and looked at some houses...and found the one they liked and have put a couple offers on it already..well now they`re puttin there house up for sale..and i guess are really goin to move...i mean the father will still be haulin his ass back and forth to Lynn,ma where he plans on staying to work for 5 days of the week, which is over an hour ride one way, and even worse my buddys gonna be doing the same thing for school...before they really started lookin into it, we were all in his living room so the `rents sat us down and asked everyone the pros and cons of moving...then they asked me...i told them this has nothing to do with me and what i felt would have no effect on your decision, so they say they dont want to leave me behind and would let me move in...i said i wasnt sure and i would think about it...now that the time is coming,so they are most likely going to approach me in the near future...and i really am not sure at all what to think or do...i would love to go because, ya i do have other friends, but i seem to be always over his house, and we`re always doing stuff...my pros- it will be a different lifestyle, more fun perhaps?, i`ve heard theres local trails:D , and it would prevent me from breaking the bond i have with that family, and my mother said she doesnt mind.........my cons - dont want to fock up my senior year of highschool by haulin my ass for 2 hours back and forth, i have a good job and who knows if i can find work up there, dont want to leave my family here, mom especially, and i pretty much dont want to leave my house(even thought the time will come)...i`ve considered waiting till after i graduate..but still not sure...i really dont know what i expect the brotherhood to do...but i guess you`ll know when you`re done reading

2. NEK5

any ideas on how i should go about it??? i`d do it in a heartbeat if i wasnt goin to be a senior in school next year...if this were one of you, how would you go about it?

3. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod 1/2 ton status

What's the rest of your family situation like? Is your dad around? if you leave, will mom be alone with your younger siblings? will you be leaving her totally alone?

If you leave, your "real" family will distance themselves from you emotionally ( whether they mean to or not), and if you have a falling out with your"adopted" family, you could end up screwing yourself big time.

I'd stay behind, finish HS, and just commute to NH on the weekends for fun.

Tom

4. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

If they ask you for your honest opinion about it, I'd tell them how you really feel. Big choices need honest opinions given. That's how I do things when someone really needs my opinion on what to do.

5. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

thats some totally solid advice.

Though if you are gunna be bluntly honest, its best to preface it with a warning that you are going to be bluntly honest. sometimes people aren't ready for it.

6. gofergurl

gofergurl 1/2 ton status

Very true.

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

do what you feel is right, and have no regrets about it. you know your gut feeling, we do not.

8. NEK5

well, honestly, my gut feeling is do exactly as you guys have said...i just need to wait to be approached, and let them know whats going down...as for what I will be leaving, my grandparents are always in need of help, which i love giving, and my `rents are divorced but ma remarried, except my stepdad has no mechanical ability, AT ALL!!!...so i help out alot here too....when i go over there, alot of the times we go to this couples house a few houses down, and the guy that lives there is cool, where always playin around and stuff and when i was over there the other day, playing basketball his wife said to him "well it looks like we wont be seeing ben this summer if he`s moving to NH" i said to her i doubt i will end up goin because of what i`d be leaving...and he said that i was going to hang out with him and jog with him(where both fat:haha:)...and his wife said to me "well we may not be the Kelletts(their last name) but your welcome to come over here and play with ken (her husband) and do whatever whenever you want....we adopt you now(joking of course)" so i said maybe i`ll take you up on that...they also cant believe there moving...i think i`ll be better off here anyway...

9. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Not for nuthin but stay your senior year. You have a good job that I guess ya like and if for nothing else you'll be graduating with your class. Your pseudo adopted family will be there in a year after you graduate.

Just a thought.