Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A little story about my winter project (with pics)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MOABDADC22, Mar 17, 2003.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Well, As some of you know, I bought another Chevelle project last summer. The Big Block 454 is just waiting on a set of pushrod guide plates to come in from Summit. Then it goes in.

It is a far cry from the day I bought the 454. It is alot better than the tired (and locked up 350) that I pulled out.

After gutting and cleaning the engine compartment, I had to start the forward movement oif the project. This was done with alot of Super Purple cleaner and alot of wire brushing. The finished firewall is now ready for the new 454.

The interior and dash also was not the greatest.

So, out with the old . And in with the new SS dash. The steering wheel was looking like hammered /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif, so I got a new steering wheel.

The interior was not going to stay green for long, so I installed some used black interior panels along with a new rear seat. A Horseshoe shifter and SS console was next on the list.

My wife loved me enough to buy me some Cragar SS wheels and new tires for Christmas.

Now that spring is almost here and the door jambs are painted, I can finish the project. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I will keep you all posted on the updates as time and money allows.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

So is it going to be yellow ??? Lots of people don't like yellow, but I think it looks good on hot rods. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Sweet. I am going to start looking for a project car too now that my Jimmy is wheelable. I wanna go drag racing! Im not sure if I wanna go chevy or mopar? Yours looks great! I am kinda leaning towards an early 1965ish Nova wagon.

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Very nice!!

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

looking good keep up the good work on it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Makes me miss my '67. Man was I brutal to that car

7. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Pleas say its gonna be yellow with black wheels and racing stripes [homer]mmmmmmm.....yellow with blackracing stripes, droooooolll[/homer] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys, I have alot om $$$ and time wrapped up in this car.....and it is not even done yet. It is going to be yellow with black SS stripes. It will look very similar to this 70 Chevelle (minus the checkered flag on the hood scoop). [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif