Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A little unexpected lift

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by bodacious, Feb 11, 2007.

1. bodacious

bodacious 1/2 ton status

I just got my 1" body lift & body bushing kit from ORD. As usual, great service and speedy shipping. One of the coolest things is, when I replaced the bushings, I actually got between 1 3/4 & 2" lift with the 1" body lift. I knew my stock bushings were shot, but I did not realize that they were that bad off. Nothing like getting a little extra lift. Now I have approx. 8", and am getting 38s. :waytogo:

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had the same experiance. It is amazing what the new bushings added.

3. twodollars

twodollars Registered Member

did you guys notice any more vibration passed into the body due to the aluminum spacers as opposed to the stock rubber (or urethane, for that matter)? I enjoy the ride on my burb, but want to replace the bushings, and am looking at the 2" performance accessories kit and the 1" ORD kit. I don't really need any extra lift, but need to replace the bushings.

4. 53chevy

53chevy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

how do you know if they need replaced?(bushings)

5. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

first off ( twodollers ). a 2" body lift from performace accessories is a body lift like the 1" ord kit but the ord is cut from aluminum. you would end up with 3" body and dubble stacked kits not good at all.

second ( 53chevy ) if your truck is that old and has that many miles on it and you are asking i will bet that thay are shot. the only ones i have seen that are still good were the super clean sothern trucks or a vary rare low miles never drivin stuff up here in the north.

for the best in the long run poly body kit and then 1-2-3 " body lift to sut your needs. cause if you do just the body lift when you pull it all apart you will need at least 1 bushing or more . then you will say to your self why didnt i just get that poly kit to start. :doah:

6. twodollars

I guess I wasn't too clear. I was not looking at stacking the two kits, I was looking at one or the other. What I wanted was a 1" poly kit as opposed to the aluminum. The line of thought was that the poly pucks would transmit less vibration that the aluminum. But i there is not much difference with the aluminum, then that would be fine too.

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

lift blocks on good mounts shouldnt pass on vibs at all. as its no diffrent than the steel body washer on steel body. when i install my body mounts i use a good coating of grease to make sure it all seats in perfectly.

8. twodollars

Thanks - I will give the ORD stuff a try.