Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a little up date and a lil better news

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by iwaxmyjimmy, Feb 28, 2007.

1. iwaxmyjimmy

iwaxmyjimmy College web wheeler Premium Member

Well some of yall know me, some of yall hate me, and some of yall don't really care. Well I haven't been on much lately because my power source in my desktop crashed, it still isnt fixed my mom just bought me a lap top instead. Yesterday I moved back home in order to save money, and because I'm going to school in the fall. I started a new job today and impressed everyone, including myself, at a local shop. I'm the youngest guy there, but I picked one of the harder and more time consuming jobs for the day( 98 caravan, replace valve cover gaskets, tune up, oil sending unit, and check the brakes). I finished all of that in 4 hrs even though the labor was written down for 8 hrs (not that impressive, but Ive never done any of them items on a Fwd V6 minivan). Next weekend I'm going to set up a ring and pinion to fix my shatterd ring and pinion in my 10 bolt rear, so wish me luck. But back to the positive things going on right now. My mom said I can stay here as long as I follow the rules and it can last for my whole 2 1/2 years while I'm in college. Alot of good things have happened to me lately and its just blown me away. And Ive really missed getting on here since I didn't get my lap top till tuesday.:D

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Welcome back :bow: .
    Glad things are going well!

Now try not to piss anyone off :D !!

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Damn, you're so broke that you can't even afford a paragraph and they're free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

Post up your Paypal, we'll send ya some donations:D

4. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Fixed it for ya.:deal:
    -Harrison

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone get Jerry Lewis on the phone, we need a telethon ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek1:

6. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

dont you know it.
    -Harrison

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My people just got off the phone with Jerry's people and Jerry is currently unavailable. They did suggest we try Sally Struthers, apparently she is hard up these days for good publicity since the Africa thing isn't too hot of a topic right now.......................

8. iwaxmyjimmy

iwaxmyjimmy College web wheeler Premium Member

My new job is going great. I'm having a blast working there and really feel at home. I'm the talk of the shop because I'm the first one there and always make the best of every situation. One of the senior techs works beside my 3 bays and he pulled me aside yesteday morning and told me he put in a good work for me already. So in the next 30 days I'm already going to get a raise, and I have been promised uniforms ASAP. Everyone is very helpful. I put on a timing belt for the first time today, it was very time consuming since it was on a 93 Nissan Pathfinder. Monday I've got to put valve cover gaskets on it also. So far I've spent $650 on tools in the past 3 days, thank god for tax returns. I'm excited to go to work monday.
    On a side note, I haven't really talked to my dad in the past 5 years, since my parents split, and he came to take me out to lunch and go with me to buy some more tools. Well when he walked in I had just got done washing up and was about to clock out and I heard his voice at the front desk. When he asked if I was around the said they were going to page me but I walked around the corner, then they asked him if he was my dad. It put a big smile on his and my face when they kept going on and on about how good I was doing, how positive my attitude is, and how I'm really doing a good job. It really made me happy to see my dad so proud of me.

9. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Congrats, man :bow: :bow: !!

Sounds like you're on your way :D !

10. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

No matter what your age-your parents approval and pride in you will ALWAYS be important to you.

11. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Amen to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!