Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A looong time coming, BIG milestone. ~56k beware!~

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

I am a webwheeler no more!!!
    For the first time in 2 years, I was able to go wheel my truck today. Loaded it up, towed it out to the local spot and just messed around for like half the day. I haven't felt this damn good in for years. I couldn't really go all out crazy and push the envelope...no seatbelts or rollcage. Had to take it pretty easy. Mostly just a test run. Makin sure everything works, no major headeaches. Excepth that I forgot to tighten the upper shock bolt on the passenger side, the bolt cameloose and fell out, which caused the shock to come straight up out of the mount, and on it's way back down, it grabbed the heater hose and yanked it back down into the mount. That almost cut the heater hose in half and I lost half my coolant before I noticed it. I just bypassed the heater core, drove back to the tow rig, added some cololant and carried on. I must say, having a locker up front is unbelievable. This is the first time I've ever really owned anything locked up front. And I went from 33's to 42's...The amount of things I can driveon/over/up with out spinning a tire wild. I've watched and ridden withn others with well set up rigs...Willyswanter, 73Tweaker, and even rode in Stephen Watsons rig once...Thats all one thing, but to finally beable to go do it myself is another. I'm practically bouncing in my chair from excitement. And the stares and attention my rig got...Good lord! The local spot is very very popular with the ATV/motorcycle guys, theres always a bunch of people out there. I hadn't even started un-chaining my truck from trailer before people were gathering around asking questions and stuff. One guy asked me if it was a Toyota...:screwy:

Anyways, here's the pictures I took....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Zeus33rd

3. Zeus33rd

4. dirtwarrior17

dirtwarrior17 Banned

2 years.... damn im comin up on 2 now pretty quick.

Looks like its gonna be one hell of a rig when your done with the big yota:haha: :screwy: .

I can't wait until i lock em up and regear but its gonna be a while.

Thats a baddass spot.

almost submerged a 42......I want to try.

5. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

SWEET, should have tried those waterfalls :D

6. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yer still a webwheeler. :cool1:

Congrats dude! You need to come out and tear up frank raines with us in april.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

awesome work. Now get it back in the shop and build a cage for that beast!!! ;)

j

8. BAJA_BLAZER

BAJA_BLAZER 1/2 ton status Author

Form the looks of your pictures, you otta enter the DARPA Grand Challenge and win the Two Million Dollar prize.:grin: :laugh: :laugh:

9. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

Awesome pictures! Looks like you had a blast :)

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I just wished you'd do something about that ugly green firewall................. :D

I remember following you for a few minutes in Hollister three years ago and watching you hammer down to get over stuff.

I'm hoping to get out there this year with more flex and spooled in the rear, but I don't think I'm gonna try to follow you this time around. :D

11. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

Hey i reconize those pictures..thats Greenhorn up on banner mountain..didn't realize that another member from this site lived in the same town as me..that rock hill you climbed (just to the right of the entrence) is where i busted the rear drive shaft on my blazer

12. Zeus33rd

The pictures do NOT do the waterfalls justice. They're pretty much undriveable. MAYBE if it was dry, but there's ALWAYS atleast alittle bit of water. Years ago, you used to beable to cruise right through that spot in 2wd. It's washed out alot obviously. I might have given it a shot to see how far I could get, if I wasn't by myself, if I had a seatbelt/rollcage, my carb didn't suck, and my body mounts are so hammered that when it gets that flexy, it interfers with the clutch rod that goes through the floor. I also discovered that I can hammer the firewalls with the 42's. Not just light contact either...Even with the axle 2" forward. I can fix that with the plasma cutter though. It still rides pretty stiff, I shackled flipped the rear before today before I left, and ditched the add-a-leaf. I figured that would soften it up alot, not enough though. Gotta start lookin for some 57/63" springs for the rear now. I think I might think about lifting it another inch or two. That would help alot of clearance issues I'm having. Maybe get some 2" lift 52" springs for the front.or maybe I'll just stick with what I have and make it work. I like the low center of gravity...It only has about 4" of lift. Maybe a 1" body lift would be a good idea... Anyways, todays run was mostly to start finding the little problems that come up. And I found a few, which is good. Definatley need more gear reduction- a doubler would be so nice. Even with he 5.13's, my clutch got a work out. Makes it hard to be smooth and not look like a jack ass when theres 25 people watchin. ;)

13. Zeus33rd

WoooHooo! Another Grass Valley Member!!! Nice dude! I've been goin to Greenhorn since I was like 5 years old. I live on Banner Mountain till I was 17, (28 now) so I was very close. What does your truck look like? I've prolly seen it around. You know, it's funny you mention that little rock hill thing, today I saw a diff cover gasket and an old license plate sittin there. lol!:blush::D

14. Zeus33rd

Thats lookin more and more doable. That would be a fitting first run wouldn't it? That place killed my rig two years ago...Makes sense that I make it the rigs first real maiden voyage.:D

15. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

I don't see Grandma in any of those pics..... Has she given up wheeling? :D

16. Zeus33rd

17. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Looks Good!!!:thumb: :thumb:

I especially like the "hose" radiator supports!!!!:grin:

18. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

Are you saying theres more than me and you from this site in this town? woohoo!:D i would love to meet up with you and talk trucks. i'm sure you have seen mine around, and may have evern heard about me..don't really have the best reputation in this town..seems a lot of people here like to talk s#it and make things up..:screwy: but i drive a red 82 k-5 that now is red with a primered hood and left fender. I don't get out too much anymore because i have some broken and cracked teath in my rear end. its my daily driver so i only go out when i absolutly have to..yes it still drives, not that great and i stay off the freeways. know anyone with a rear-end that they don't need?

19. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

nice job the beast is alive!!!!!!

are you going full cage that will look great, what are you plans for the front?
    nothing? bit of tube?

20. Zeus33rd

Hmm, Whats your first/last name? I've lived here most of my life, I might know ya anyways. I don't recognize the truck from the description, but I've prolly seen it around. Also, I checked a couple of your old posts, you mentioned working in a gear shop...which one? As far as finding you a rear end, thats easy. 10, 12, or 14b? And what ratio?