Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A matter of lift.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Z3PR, May 22, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

How much will a 6" suspension lift cost ???? I just sold my old Camaro on Ebay and have $810.00 to spend. I can probley come up with more if needed. I'll turn the wrenches myself.

2. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

My 6'' cost me about $1200 total. You could actually build it a little better for a little cheaper, ya live, ya learn. Mine consists of: 6-rs9000's, 6-hot pink shock boots (don't ask), 6'' tuff country ez-rides, ORD swaybar disco's, ORD shackle flip, procomp SS brakelines, 1 1/2'' blocks, F&R u-bolts, steering arm, pitman arm.... Add on tax and shipping and that is around my $1200 figure.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Rough Country's 6" lifts are around $650. I believe that includes shocks and new springs too .
    <a target="_blank" href=http://rough.roughcountry.com/>Roughcountry suspention</a>

4. fulltopblazer

fulltopblazer 1/2 ton status

Mine was only about $400.00 from 4 wpw came with front springs rear blocks 4 shocks and u bolts. I had to buy the steering arm separate and brake lines. Since then I built homemade shackle flip.

5. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Hmm.....If I were going to do a 6" on a stock Blazer and had the money to do it the way I want to, this is how I'd do it...
    6" EZ Rides up front
    ORD flip and 2"EZ rides out back
    4 Rancho 9000's

Not real sure how much all that would cost, But I think you could do most of that with your $850. Good luck, and let us know what ya decide.:)
    Extended SS brake lines.
    ORD Sway bar dissconnect