Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A medal...for me???? Ok, Thanks..................

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MOABDADC22, Sep 9, 2003.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

A couple of weeks ago, I got a call at 0300 about a "Man with a knife trying to kill his family."

The 911 dispatcher could hear screaming, yelling, etc in the background...........

I get to the trailer(by myself) and the front door is open about 1/2" and I see a guy face down in front of the door and a woman screaming /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. I boot the door (which is soooooooooo cool to begin with /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif) and announce who I am.

The screaming woman is pointing at the man on the ground screaming. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Suddenly, the guy jumps up and looks like Mohamid Ali on smack /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif.............. Right away I can tell the guy is high as a kite on meth (or crazy..............you decide /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif) and moving towards an 11" butcher knife which is laying on the floor about 5 feet from him /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif, so I pepper spray the guy and draw my Glock yelling at him to get on the ground.

This goes on for 1-2 seconds and the guy is yelling obscenities (use your imagination) and then he makes a leap for the knife.

Now, I am thinking pretty da*n fast here............I put my Glock back in my holster and make a dive for the guy. I felt like I was in "The Matrix" because everything was slow motion and crystal clear. I grab the guy just as his hand is about 6 inches from the knife, grab him pinning his arms to his side, stand up, and turn 180 dgrees away from the knife and do an improvised "suplex" on the guy. As we both hit the ground (with my 6'3" 210 lbs on top of him), I could hear the air escape from his lungs, but since the guy is high............he does not need to breathe /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif. The guy does a push up with me on his back like nothing /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif so I sweep his arms out from under him and end up cuffing him after a short struggle /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif.

After talking to the guy, he said that if he would have been able to grab the knife, he was going to kill either me, his wife, his kids or himself.......................or make me kill him. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

My Sgt. nominated me for a "Life Saving" award for not shooting the guy even though I was justified. I thought that was kind of cool to be recognized for my actions.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. 77Jimmy

77Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Way to go, man! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Talk about keeping a level head! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

So is the guy in jail? Is he back w/ his family?

3. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

See, all that training does come in handy! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keep it up!

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that is very cool very good quick thinking /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif now please keep a extra eye on the family when he gets out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Dang, musta taken quite a while for the adrenaline to wear off after that!!/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Good job! I prolly woulda shot him/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif (or myself in the foot.../forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif)

I'll stick to fabrication...safer for us all./forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rene

7. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    So is the guy in jail? Is he back w/ his family?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, he is still in jail..............but his wife loves him and wanted to drop charges, /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Good thing for her..........I do not need her to file charges. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

8. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Thank you!

9. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Good thing for her..........I do not need her to file charges

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i hate when people are like that oh i love them even though they were going to KILL me i don't want to press charges /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif they need /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Good job /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

John

11. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Da dang....Good job dude.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Yes, he is still in jail..............but his wife loves him and wanted to drop charges

[/ QUOTE ]

Time to get the kids removed from the home because that woman is going to get them killed /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif way to go bro. yer the good po. lol. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Good take down, brother!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I have a question:

What makes you decide to not shoot a guy like that? I mean, I'm sure you're more than able to handle yourself but what goes through your head in that split-second that makes you realize you can take a guy down instead of shooting him?

Like Rene said, I would have just shot the guy in the leg and be done with it. Of course, I'm just a ditchdigger so I'm a little less than qualified to make a judgement on this one.

15. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

Very quick thinking /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Sounds like the stories that one of my SuperCop professors tells.

16. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You definately went beyond the requirements.

Just don't let yourself get hurt to save a bad guy - the bad guys are winning cuz we don't have enough guys like you.

Congrats tho!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    I would have just shot the guy in the leg and be done with it.

[/ QUOTE ] You want to aim for body mass like a nice big chest not some scrawny old leg... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

18. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Damn dude /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

You should come out and meet one of my academy instructors...........

He'd hate ya for doing your job so damn good............... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Good Job. Congrats on the medal /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Nice. Congrats on the citation; it's nice to be recognized once in a while. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif