Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A mess load of 6.2L problems. More and more and more......................

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 84CUCV, Sep 30, 2003.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

First, I found the wiring in my 1009 is put back together with crimp connecters. I am going to solder that and use some liquid tape. I need to smack out my oil pan. SHould I repalce the rear seal while I am there? At this time it is not leaking. Last, but not least I just found out I did the head work on my truck about 5k ago with a touque wrench that is from the early 70s. Now i know why the back of my head is leaking. SH!T! Should I do the job over again or could I just use a new wrench? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif Let me know what you guys think. thanks mike

2. 84CUCV

anybody??????????????????????????????

3. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

I might be the wrong person to ask since i am anal when it comes to repalcing things. If i had the oil pan off, i would do the rear main. why risk it its cheap to replace and only will take a minimum amount of time more. If the haead is leaking you probally already damaged the gasket, so i would replace that as well. Did you use new bolts the last time you repalced the gaskets?

4. 84CUCV

Yes, i did. I will be redoing it as soon as I get my other truck up and going. mike