Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A moment of silence, please.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Goober, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

Bob Keeshan passed away today at age 76.

[​IMG]

For you younger folks, Bob was a big part of the lives of many of us "Boomers". I would sit by the television as a kid just waiting for his show to come on.

For those of you who don't recognize his name, you probably know him better as Captain Kangaroo.

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

...................... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

So sad. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I remember him well from growing up with his show.
    He will be remembered well and long in my household. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Wow....I will always remember his show. I spent many a Saturday morning watching him and Mr. Greenjeans. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

RIP Captain Kangaroo!

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Before today I had not thought about the show in a long time. I think now I'm going to try to find the series on tape/dvd so I can buy it for my girls to watch. Good times...

6. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I loved Capt. K /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. powerbitch

powerbitch Registered Member

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Captain Kangaroo was awsome /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

We will sure miss him

8. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Before he was Capt Kangaroo................He was Clarabelle the Clown on The Howdy Doody Show.........Most of y'all prolly ain't got a clue about Cowboy Bob, Clarabelle, Howdy Doody, Mr Bluster, and Princess Winterspringsummerfall............Dang!...One day ya just wake up and yer older than sh*t.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Yeap, RIP Captain Kangaroo! BTW, his Bud Mr.
    Green Jeans is Ted Nudget's father.

10. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I would sit by the television as a kid just waiting for his show to come on.

[/ QUOTE ] Ditto /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i heard today on the radio,that sucks.please support public TV so there is something for our kid's to watch.(all you smart asses ,you'll have kid's one day)ha ha /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

12. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

13. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

14. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    BTW, his Bud Mr.
    Green Jeans is Ted Nudget's father.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't that be interesting?

Too bad it ain't so: Snopes

/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

15. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

RIP Captain

16. camarine

camarine Registered Member

Semper Fi Captain Kangaroo!