Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A Narrower Rearend?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Poohbair, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Isn't the 14bolt in the back of my Jimmy narrower than the 44 in the front? If so, how much? Does anyone know how wide they are? I am trying to fit this big bastard on my new car dolly (w/ some skinny tires of course).

If it will fit, can I tow it w/ the rearend up and the front tires on the ground? What do you do w/ the steering wheel for this...leave it loose so the tires turn or get the wheels as straight as possible and lock the steering wheel?

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

IIRC....the 8-lug D44 is 69" WMS to WMS and the 14BFF is 67".

I have always preferred to tow with the rear axle on the ground, but if you lock the steering wheel so the tires point forward you can tow with the front axle on the ground. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Well, my dolly is 72" between the fenders...so w/ some really skinny rims/tires...or maybe hummer wheels, it may fit on backwards if the hubs will clear the fenders. I hope so, I wanna be able to tow it behind the new RV!