Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A new gas tax?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChevyCaGal, Mar 9, 2003.

1. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I just heard a little bit on the tv about a possible new federal gas tax on top of what we already pay? I can't seem to find anything as of yet on this and I didn't hear enough to get what all it said... but does anyone know more about this? I'd like to see something more. Everytime I fill up I just get more depressed.... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

you think you get depressed, I work at a gas station now, and just about every morning, the manager lets out a heavy sigh, and raises the prices another 2-4 cents. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif oh well.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

With rising gas prices, health insurance rates, utility rates, etc., etc., we may as well just give the government our whole frickin' paychecks!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

No sense trying to enjoy the money from your hard working hours you put in at work when Uncle Sam just shafts you in the butt, dry, and takes about 1/2 of your gross pay. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Sounds Communist to me, if you ask. We are losing our freedom more and more everyday. I'm beginning to wonder what life in Canada is like. Funny thing about Canada, you never read or hear about anything bad going on up there like you do the USA. There is always something to be said about USA on the news and newspapers everyday. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Any room up there above the northern border for another ding-dong CK5 member and his family? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. ChevyCaGal

Only bad thing about going to Canada is the exchange rate. Say you sold your home and a bunch of stuff and went up there with $250,000 or so. Well, by the time you exchange it you'd have like $40 bucks and a case of beer... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

But really.... I just saw a thing on tv on how we are paying for these crapheads in DC to have interns do their errands. Some kid was hired to pick up dry cleaning. WTF? They are always raising taxes because they waste our money. I serious would feel no pain if someone were to drop a large bomb on that city. Rid ourselves of these losers for good... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

5. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

youve got it the wrong way round, if you came here with 250,000, you'd have 350,000 canadian,, but our dollar is going up again, up 5 cents in the last week or so. up to 68 cents US /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

Hey, Wes, its the good life. You can move up here to Nova Scotia with that muntain of Dana 60's and sell me a couple! I like it here. No real big problems, and if you live in the country its the second lowest cost of living in canada. Heck, some people i know just boght 60 acres with 2 huge barns and a 10 year old house for about 150,000 canadian, I would call that a steal, but thats the normal going rate!

7. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Wes, the grass isn't any greener in Canada. I like it here but we get gouged on taxes, fees, and everything else too.

Dollar for Dollar our dispoable income is probably below average compared to someone in the US, but with the majority of products being made in the US our weak Canadian dollar kills us. Take any off-road type of part, check the magazine price and double it...that's what it'll set you back up here in Canadian dollars.

On the other hand if you came here with $250,000 you'd have $375,000 cdn. Real estate is pretty reasonable as long as you stay away from the larger cities.

Aside from universal health care I doubt you'd notice much of a difference in your lifestyle...

Rene

8. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

wes- you gotta talk funky-

every sentance has to end in EH?

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Hell let em tax us more We're already up to $2.16 a gallon up here probably more today.

10. ChevyCaGal

I kinda agree... let them dig their own graves. People will only take so much and I have a feeling someday things will become really ugly with people having enough of the government and their running of things.... at least in my circle of friends/family/coworkers I know everyone agrees our country is being run by morons and into the toilet....

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    a possible new federal gas tax

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ok I got a question since I have not heard of this. Is this something proposed by the majority party which would have a good chance of being voted in, or is it being proposed by the minority party? You know how the party with the least amount of pull always proposes a bill that wouldn't have a snow balls chance in hell of passing type deal.

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I knew about the dollar exchange but thats the least of my concerns right now. What I'm worked up about is the activity that goes on in the States. Murders, crime, rapes by our lawmakers, etc., etc. You get the idea. There is something on the news everyday about stuff like this. And we hear about this stuff from all over the world, too.

Just the fact I don't hear too much, if any at all, of stuff that happens north of the border. I can't even remember the last time I heard of anything "major" happening up there. Makes me wonder if the Mountie system works as I'm not hearing nor reading about nothing in Canada. If the system works up there, I'm not complaining and would prefer to live in peace and harmony. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    With rising gas prices, health insurance rates, utility rates, etc., etc., we may as well just give the government our whole frickin' paychecks!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

No sense trying to enjoy the money from your hard working hours you put in at work when Uncle Sam just shafts you in the butt, dry, and takes about 1/2 of your gross pay. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Sounds Communist to me, if you ask. We are losing our freedom more and more everyday. I'm beginning to wonder what life in Canada is like. Funny thing about Canada, you never read or hear about anything bad going on up there like you do the USA. There is always something to be said about USA on the news and newspapers everyday. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Any room up there above the northern border for another ding-dong CK5 member and his family? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty damn well said K30Guy!
    I'll move up there too, we can be neighbors and work on our trucks together and go wheeling, in peace and harmony!

14. ChevyCaGal

We can all go move in with Rene and his family... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

15. ChevyCaGal

[ QUOTE ]

Ok I got a question since I have not heard of this. Is this something proposed by the majority party which would have a good chance of being voted in, or is it being proposed by the minority party? You know how the party with the least amount of pull always proposes a bill that wouldn't have a snow balls chance in hell of passing type deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe this will help all I could find as of today...
    http://money.cnn.com/2003/02/26/pf/taxes/gastaxes/

16. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I've thought about ( aboot?) moving to Canada at some point too... dunno if I'd exchange my balmy Arizona winters for what they've got going on up there tho...

I can immagine a mass migration of the CK5 group up there, all set up in the same general area, and create a 4 wheelers Utopia or something. have to change what CK5 means tho... Canada K5, or Canook K5...

on a serious note, my biggest problem, especialy with the last elections, has got to be the candidate selection... we had frickin Bush Vs Gore... 2 men that I thought of as complete idiots, and 2 men of which I believe have made themselves out to be nothing more then 2 idiots... ( gore with his refusal to lose, and bush with his current *Warmongering) it was kinda like having a selection choice of Brussel sprouts, or a gelatinous cube of Tofu... they're not bad for you, but they both suck.

*I'm not opposed to the war, I'm opposed to the BS politicking that's going on right now. rather then arguing with other countries over the problem at hand, I say we hit them, and hit them hard like we did back in the gulf war, or just leave them the hell alone.

-Rich