Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A new guy with a few ?'s

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by vdubbin86, May 25, 2002.

1. vdubbin86

vdubbin86 Registered Member

A new guy with a few ?\'s

Hey everyone. I just picked up an 81 K5 Silverado with the towing package. It's got the 10 & 12 bolt axles, 373's a 4" lift using springs and blocks and is riding on 33's. It's also got the 305/350/208 in it.(or so I was told)

The main problem with it is that the body is shot. The doors even flop around for awhile after you shut them.

What I want to do is to swap the body off of my old 84 ext cab S15 onto this one since it is the engine that is cooked and it has a pretty much rust free body. I have heard of this being done before but I've been trying to find information about it to no avail.

Could anyone help a poor newbie out?

Thanks

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Re: A new guy with a few ?\'s

Look for Whiteknight. Her and her Husband set a S body Blazer on a K frame. Runs 44 boggers /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Titanic is also doing the same thing. I got a guy I know here in Atlanta the just built a custom frame for and extended cab then dropped 1 ton running gear in it. Not sure if he has a site up but he's sent me a few pictures.
    Welcome to CK5

3. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Where in Alberta are you, brother????? I'm out in Canmore, and we have a couple of lads farther north. It's funny that you bring this topic up becuase Whiteknight lives in Calgary........

Check out her site - <a target="_blank" href=http://www.whiteknight.ca/>Whiteknight's site</a>

Welcome aboard.../forums/images/icons/smile.gif

4. vdubbin86

I saw the Whiteknight before. Or should I say I drooled over the Whiteknight before. But I was actually hoping to find someone who set the body lower on the frame. I want everything to be as clean and factory looking as possible. And most of all it has to stay street legal.

5. vdubbin86

I'm about 20mins east of Calgary. My wife took me to Canmore a couple of months ago for the weekend on my B-day. Tried to learn to Snowboard that weekend. (I still hurt) I love it out there. Much better than living here on the flatlands.

I'll be doing my wheeling out at Mclean &amp; Waiprous so maybe I'll see ya on the trails. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Are you out in Strathmore or Chestermere?

7. vdubbin86

Strathmore. I'd say good guess but there isn't much else out here. lol