Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A New Jimmy In The Family

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wayne, Feb 9, 2001.

1. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Well I just wanted you all to know. I just bought an 89 Jimmy for my new toy. It's all stock (for the moment) and is twotone blue with blue interior. It has a 350tbi, turbo 700 which runs good and shifts firm for 140,000 miles. It was a northern truck and is not a complete rust bucket. Just a few small spots which should be easy to fix. It's fully loaded with air, cruise, tilt, am-fm cassette with factory equalizer, alumnium wheels, power windows and locks. Paid $3500 for it and think I got a good deal. Now the fun begins in making it a trail worthy rig. First thing I have to do is get rid of the stupid running boards (maybe find a big rock to take care of that) and get my CK5 stickers (and wear them proudly), and then the lift, rear swap, and a host of other goodies. I'm sure I will find out just who my friends are when I get to work on it. Hope to see some of you on the trails soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Trails
    Wayne

2. bigblue

bigblue 1/2 ton status

good for you man. there is a wealth of knowledge just pouring out of this website. good luck and welcome!

baja surf nazi

3. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Congrats on the K5 take a lot of pics and post them.

Bo