Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A new toy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bri's88Jimmy, Apr 2, 2001.

1. Bri's88Jimmy

Bri's88Jimmy Registered Member

I live in Dover NH near what little coast we have. I saw an 89 jimmy for sale, my buddy just got hos licence and wants a truck. I talked to the owner the problem spots are the back cross brace at the very rear and a crack under the passenger side seat. These exact problems happned on my 88 Jimmy. I had a friend weld plates all over the place and saw the rust out. It is tough now.
    The Jimmy for salehas a 350 FI,4wd,SLE modle. The engine purs like a cat but the engine oil is burnt what problems might this lead to? The owner says the truck has a new fuel tank, fuel pump,and other ods and ends. The interior in great but the odomter has 164,000 on it, the kicker is he is giving it away for1,200$

what do you guys think? give me everything that you think will need to be looked at fixed or replaced in the next few years or months. Thankf for your help
    Brian Sav

2. timebomb1602

timebomb1602 1/2 ton status

$1200??????? I'd check for more probs......but if it is'nt all that bad I'd jump on it. :)

1991 GMC Jimmy, 350 tbi, stock for now, but not for long!!!

3. lehtola

lehtola 1/2 ton status

That's a pretty good deal even if you encounter problems...in my opinion.

1990 GMC Jimmy 350/TH700R4/NP241/10 bolts, 4" skyjacker lift, 35x12.50R15 BFG All Terrains on 15x10 AR Baja's, Flowmasters.

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i would jump on it if it was me

77blazer see it at<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333>http://community.webshots.com/user/ssmith6333</A>[​IMG]