Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A new wedding idea

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, May 26, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Well, I am anything but traditional, and definitely not normal.

What I want to know is what sort of wedding did you have/do you want to have? Traditional? or other, and if you say other, what was unique about it.

Here would be mine:

Me and the soon-to-be misses would line up to the two mud pits. We'd both race each other to the finish line (where the alter would be), Then we'd get hitched. Only drawback... I'd probably get stuck or something, leading for an awkward moment.

Then for the honeymoon... a trip up the road in the RV.

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

You gotta ask the girl at the Schuck's counter out before you can marry her /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

But really... I'm going to go for a good old fashioned wedding... in the middle of the woods... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Just gotta figure out how I'm going to get everyone who wants to go to the spot... since it's not going to be just off the side of a road... We can make a wheeling trip out of it, or hike there... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

My first one was kind of traditional, it was in a Mormon church. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

My second, we had it out at the rodeo arena.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

My wife walked down the isle to Joe Satriani's "always with me always with you"... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Joe Satriani's "always with me always with you"...

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Of all the GREAT music he plays, that is by far the best.

My wife and I got married in her parents front yard. It was a blast.

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I got married in a bar with a big dance floor that was retrofit to be a wedding hall for the night... Well, actually married in a church, the reception was in the "hall"...After the wedding, we went to the only redneck bar on LI.

There was this big clearing with a huge tree in the center in the woods on a mile long hike to a beach we used to hang out at and visit, and if we spent more time planning our wedding, we would've had it there. It would've made for a groovy old fashioned-era type wedding in the clearing, then reception on the beach. Only access was a mile hike, though, so it might've caused some heart attacks among the older family...

The mud bog thing sounds cool. If you've hooked up with a woman that's into that, I'd certainly call her future wife material! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

She made me get married in church ( catholic ), she made me ask her fathers permission. I got teary eyed when I saw her come down aisle .After the wedding we rented a hall and got a keg to keep our friends and family in good spirits, drank our champagne from super sized marquerita glasses. Her uncle set us up in a fancy hotel. One of my best friends and her uncle swiped the keg and had a party that night opposite side of same hotel. Then ...............................after 6 months, she let me buy my Blazer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. johnc

johnc Registered Member

I got married in a drive thru window in Vegas!!! The whole thing cost me $200, including the speeding ticket, and I won $200 the next day in a raffel!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif here's the proof!!!

9. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Nothing sez lovin' like mud drags!

"If that ain't country, I'll kiss your ass." - Damn good singer

I'm just phuckin with ya, man!

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

it wasn't my wedding but, but my step brothers sisters wedding. picture this, bride in white(which she definitly did not have that right) with tiedye stockings, garter belts, she made sure everybody knew she had no panties on either, 5 bridesmaids in tiedye dresses, in the parking lot of bridal vail falls, provo canyon,UT the best part was the metallica playing in the background the whole ceremony, and lest we forget the 3 teir brown chocolate wedding cake. On a side note I called the brides maids "the clown floozy patrol" all the blonde big hair and exposed cleavage and cigarettes, real class man!almost enough to cause wood sportage! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif oh yeah, don't forget the newlyweds gettin' it on in the back seat of the brides parents van before the wedding, and the two kegs afterwards, hella good time had by all! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

If you do have a wedding like that, make sure to post pics /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

"Coal burning stove, no natural gas, if that ain't country I'll kiss your ...

13. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

My best friend had his wedding in the Presidio, San Francisco. They planned it months in advance, then like two weeks before the wedding, someone realized that the date they had chosen was during Fleet Week. So, it was friggin sweet, outdoor wedding on a grassy knoll. HAd to wait for the Blue Angels to finish their show before they started the ceremony. "How'd you get the Blue Angels to fly at your wedding?" I asked. Way Cool!

14. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Love all the wedding stories so far. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The thing that made me bring this up was my nephews wedding. He had it in our field (pre-mud pits). An hour before the wedding both bride and groom including me and others got stranded up on the mountainside when my brothers truck quit running. The bride hitched a ride down on a 3-wheeler so she could get all dressed up in time. The rest of us walked down. (except for the people who drove up the mountain in a Mercury Tracer rental car, who made it to the top and back down w/out trouble. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif)

I'll never forget the "minister". A shaved headed, long bearded guy named "Mad Dog... something" who got so drunk the night afterwards he threw up in the camper I let them stay in.

The bride and groom stayed in their own tent.