Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A & P Mech's

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by unclematty, Feb 5, 2006.

1. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I'm about to take the Airframe and General test(s), anything in particular I should know?

2. gauder

gauder Banned

I don't know anything about it, but good luck brother. Sounds like things are about to get better.

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Written or o&p?

Written; You have the study guide, right? I studied w/ the Jepsen book and ASA Prepware CD. You can have my CD if you want. It is actually the 2004 version, but there's not many changes. I got like a 95 average on all 3. FWIW, I would take them all at once, so you can do all the o&p at once. What I did was pick a chapter, study it until I thought I new it, then use the program to test my self. Once I could score consistently in the high 90s I moved on.

0&p; When you call your examiner, if he doesn't give you some idea what he is going to ask you, ask him what he thinks are the most important FARs to him. Then know them inside & out. I would definitely know FAR 43 & memorize 43 appendix E. Know 65 subpart A and 65.92-62.95. Know where to find stuff in part 91, esp subpart E. Be prepared to fill out a 337, and know weight and balance in your sleep. Be ready to work from the government gen, A, and P books, NOT Jepsen or ASA text books.

Feel free to PM me I'll offer what help I can. If you really know the written questions and understand them, not just memorize the answers, the oral portion will not be that bad. Remember the CD is yours for the cost of shipping if you want. 'cause I dont need it no-mo! Good luck, but if you are prepared, you will not need it.

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Good old F.A.R.

Last time I dropped my FAR manual it broke my foot.