Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A Petition Fer Y'all

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Jun 22, 2001

This was posted at www.cadetstuff.org:

[ QUOTE ]
    Greetings to all,

For quite some time, myself and many other CAP folks have been working on a project trying to get the US Air Force Academy's soaring building re-named after 1st LT Thomas Doyle, USAF. Tom Doyle (a former CAWG cadet) made a judgment call in 1988 that saved the lives of many others, but at the cost of his own life. His actions demonstrated a most sincere example of living by both the CAP's and USAF's core values.

Recently, an action item was placed on the National Board's agenda for their March 2004 meeting seeking CAP's support for renaming the soaring building after Lt Doyle. This agenda item was approved by the National Board and a letter was written to the USAFA by CAP National Commander Maj Gen Richard Bowling, expressing Civil Air Patrol's support for the renaming of the academy's soaring building:

You can read the letter here.

Now I need everyone's help...

I'm asking everyone on this forum to please put your names behind this effort by signing an online petition supporting this cause:

Please visit this website and sign the petition.

Before you say, "an online petition isn't binding and it doesn't mean anything," just remember that public opinion and support (even in a non-binding form) is often taken into consideration when making political decisions.

Please tell everyone you know about this effort and ask them to sign the petition. It doesn't matter if they are CAP, Air Force, other military, friends, family, or whatever. The Air Force only considers the naming of Academy buildings every 25 years and it would be really impressive to present THOUSANDS of names on a petition showing public support for Lt Doyle.

The time to act is now! Please show your support for this cause.

[/ QUOTE ]

I edited the quote so all the links work... If you want to sign, that's great, if not... well, don't... Good story about this guy though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
  2. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Apr 20, 2000

I'm number 433...