Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A pic of my junk I've been slowly working on

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by thatK30guy, Jul 27, 2003.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

A pic of my junk I\'ve been slowly working on

It's been very slow progress. No big hurry as I have too much other priorities. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The truck is an '88 V30 cab-and-chassis model which is an original 454 TBI with automatic tranny and SRW version. I'm just adding a bed and calling it a "rare" 1 ton for the '88 year. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[​IMG]

Anyways, the matching cab & frame were from Bruce (Batmanjr), 6" front and rear springs from Mychal (90blzr), rear M1008 from Cortney (CMCRacing), 454 from Charlie (rocko), 400/205 combo from Dan (KRAZIE87K5), and the D60 from the US government via an auction.

I need a bed and front clip so I can start rebuilding everything to get it completed. But that won't be something to see for a while yet. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: A pic of my junk I\'ve been slowly working on

Are you gonna keep this one?/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Sounds like a monster in the making /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rene

3. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

I thought the frames on the Cab Chassis trucks were a slightly longer wheel base than a regular cab with a fleetside bed. Did you take a few inches out of the frame or is it the standard 131.5" wheel base ?
    It looks like it will be a monster though. Cool ride ! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    It's been very slow progress. No big hurry as I have too much other priorities. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The truck is an '88 V30 cab-and-chassis model which is an original 454 TBI with automatic tranny and SRW version. I'm just adding a bed and calling it a "rare" 1 ton for the '88 year. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[​IMG]

Anyways, the matching cab & frame were from Bruce (Batmanjr), 6" front and rear springs from Mychal (90blzr), rear M1008 from Cortney (CMCRacing), 454 from Charlie (rocko), 400/205 combo from Dan (KRAZIE87K5), and the D60 from the US government via an auction.

I need a bed and front clip so I can start rebuilding everything to get it completed. But that won't be something to see for a while yet. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ] I think I'd want a step-side bed for it. May not hold as much as a standard bed, but look way cool in my opinion. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. thatK30guy

I'm guessing this one will be a keeper since I owe nothing on anything of the truck so far. Plus, the fact its a factory 454 TBI truck is the main reason I wanted a SRW 1 ton as I just could not find any '87 V30's out there. So it must be easier to build one instead. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I forgot to mention the specs of it. 6" front and rear Skyjacker springs on 1" zero-rates and a 3" body lift all to fit 38" Radial Swampers on 16.5 x 12 Weld Super Singles I have in the storage shed.

Gotta remember guys, there are no rocks around my parts, so the tall lift will work just fine for the tires as I'm not big on cutting fenders. Also the 16.5" rims are sufficient enough around here as we don't have to air down too much for anything. Mud and hills are the name of the game here. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. thatK30guy

It's the standard 131.5" wheel base. Nothing cut or anything. Just the way I wanted the truck, too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Holy crap that thing has come a long way! Looks good man! So, Are you going to keep the tachy Brown interior?? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I might be able to find you a perfect bed down here! Let me know what you want and drop me a line! /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. thatK30guy

Bruce, the interior is going out for newer Silverado stuff. Even the exterior paint is gonna be changed, too. Thinking of either solid black or solid blue, not sure yet.

What can you find as far as a perfect rust and dent free bed goes for? I'm definitely needing one with dual tank doors and hopefully a tailgate, too. I'm also wanting to use the '89 to '91 front clip or preferrably the grille setup. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

THere's a 2wd crew cab SRW for sale down the road, and if I remember correctly, the bed was in great shape! I'll check for dual doors and dents more closely next time I go down to look! Also see if the guy would be willing to part it out! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. thatK30guy

Ok, cool! I'm also looking at a dually K30 from Garland, so if I can get that truck, I would have the bed just bolted to the dually truck and bring it home that way. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Does the duelly have a bed on it? WHen are you planning on coming down?

12. thatK30guy

The dually has a utility bed which I'm trying to get the seller to keep and knock off the price a little. If I can get it, I would put a flatbed on it.

Don't know when I could come down as I'm still waiting for the seller to get back with me. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif