Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A PIC of my new office.......and a blowout update

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Can Can, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Well, it took 2 days, but the pipeline boys were able to disable the section of pipe that had cracked. We rerouted about 50 miles of distribution through an alternate station, and everything is running smoothly. I took a trip out there this morning to check some gauges and brought my camera with me to get some pics of the repair for the bosses.

I also took a pic of my new "office". I got the truck about a month ago and had been meaning to take a pic before now. Yeah, it's a Furd, but GM has yet to build a fullsize body on a 2 ton chassis like the F-550........

[​IMG]

2. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

Wow, what a beautiful place. I miss the snow. Nice work truck too.

No question, when it comes to the Heavy truck market, GM does not offer anything close. Too bad, I think GM had better wake up, they are losing sales big time to Ford and Dodge. Their stock is waaaay down, near junk bond rating. Their not being innovative. As a matter of fact, I read Harley Davidson is worth more ( number of stock issues x value of each stock) than GM!:crazy:

3. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

That pic looks like it was taken here in Gunnison! You have 3 ways to get here, they all involve going over mountain passes ( 9-13K ft above sea level).

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Cool pic, too bad it has snow in it............lol. We were playing golf in shorts and t-shirts last week. Spring not quite there yet in the great white north, eh? :D

Does that work truck have a 6.0L Diesel in it? If so, what do you think of it?

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Nah, they cheaped out and got me the V10, which is by far the most disappointing BB I've ever had the opportunity of using. I get about 220 miles on a $120 fillup, and the thing lacks top end power BIG TIME!!!!! Low end grunt is good, though- it probably has something to do with the 5.88 gears(or something close to that).

The truck I ordered was a F550 diesel 4x4. When it came time to pick it up, there wasn't a dealer within 1000 miles that had one, so the company decided to settle for a V10 2WD because my old truck was in dire need of replacement.

Oh well, I don't own a bolt in her. 4x4 would be nice up in these parts, though........:tongue1: