Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A Point To Ponder

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jimmyjack, Jun 23, 2000.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

My 9 year old was sitting with me reading through all the posts and he looked at me and said hey POP, how many people in America have blazers? I just looked at him and said I had no idea! Soooooo, any ideas on how many people own blazers?
    creepin and crawlin (actually been creakin lately)
    Jim

2. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

10 million is my guess. Just judgin by the fact that I see them everywhere here where I live, they have got to be more plentiful back East. Here Toyota pickups are very, very popular, but I am led to believe that Japanese cars (or trucks) are not as popular back East...I think that there are a lot of people who own Blazers and don't know how lucky they are. I see way to many that only need a little TLC to be really nice trucks being beaten into the ground by heschers. Oh well.

3. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

A rough guess would be 30 years, at 20,000 per year (allows for the ones that didn't make it this far). 600,000. Imaging if all those people were posting here!

Tim

1970 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    1987 Suburban 4X4 350
    1988 Chevy Pickup 4X4 350

4. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

lately I've been seeing them in just about every other driveway around here....mostly back dirt roads though. But I probably see just as many blazers parked behind barns, garages, fields & where ever else....poor little blazers...no one to love them...all alone in the cold...only friends being mice to chew on them & raccoons to poo in them....uuughg if only I could do more.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

5. 1TUFF89

1TUFF89 1/2 ton status

Yes, there are many blazers and jimmys here in the East. I live in Richmond, Virginia just a couple hours from Virginia Beach (the Atlantic) and they are everywhere. Many of them are daily drivers (such as mine) and there are always several at the beach when I go. Blazers and J**ps are everywhere. For those of us who don't live near the salt water we take good care of ours. I have been to Nags Head, NC and driven on the beach, but most of the time it's on the road.

Chevy's RULE!

6. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Why don't you ask one of those poor blazers stuffed behind the barn if it wouldn't mind moving out to warm, sunny, Arizona? I'd take it for a walk everyday, I'd play with it, and pick up after it and feed it when ever it needed it.
    I've seen alot of those out here too. But noone seems to want to part with them, something about the grandkid wanting it someday or promising the next door neighbor its his someday. Oh well, we need to start a foudation for neglected blazers!
    creepin and crawlin
    Jim

7. 87Blzr

87Blzr 1/2 ton status

Well there can't be 10 million because they didn't make that many, not even one million. Go to the specifications page on this website and the production figures for all year Blazers from 69-91 are there. The grand total for 69-91 Blazers is 907,826 Take into consideration how many were totalled, scrapped, ect over the last 30 years and come up with a guess that way. I did notice something interesting looking at the production totals however. What happened around the 79-80 time frame? Highest production for 80 and newer is 40k. However 77, 78, and 79 all had production figures of 86k, 88k, and 90k. Even going back to 72 the lowest production figure is 44k. Why did sales so drastically drop in 80 and never recover? 79 production was 90k and then 80 is 31k, thats a two thirds drop in sales that never recovered. It can't be due to economy because I know other gas hogs that didn't drop so drastically during that time frame. Why??

87 K5 Siverado, 68 SS 396 Camaro

8. dumbfounded

dumbfounded 1/2 ton status

Well I think the Broncos and ford did a great turnaround in the 80's. Not to praise ford but alot of GM products didn't fair too well in the 80's. Also after the gas crunch foreign vehicle sales went out the roof. Plus they were reliable and good gas mileage. Also like now the more gas guzzlers they make they need to produce and sell that many more "efficient" cars to compensate for the fuel mileage. Maybe emissions was a factor too? Just pondering the same question.

Wasn't me.............

9. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>there's TONS of blazers here in NJ (right across from NYC) but none of the owners know what a cool truck they have. many have plows so they get abused (the bad way) in the winter</font color=blue>

10. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

Today i must have seen about 10-15 of them some very nice some really were beaters. A few stock and a few lifted and of course mine. Power to the people with the k5s and jimmys.

J.D.
    88 Gmc Jimmy

11. chaka73

chaka73 1/2 ton status

Now that you mention it, I have seen more full size blazers on the road lately than say about 3 years ago, now I see them everywhere and most of the ones I see are driven by girls lucky me huh?

check out my new site, thanks Steve!
    http://chaka73.coloradok5.com

12. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I have seen many of them here in Oregon, a few weeks ago I was driving down the road in my Blazer and one pulled out in front of me, then a mile or so later one pulled out behind me, then another one joined our little convoy, then we drove by one sitting in a driveway for sale, and one passed us going the opposite direction, then two more pulled in behind us, I thought that I was back in the 70's again and that these things were plentiful. it made me feel good to see so many on the road in one place all at once [​IMG]
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>