Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A problem I had a while ago

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BillyBob, Jun 11, 2000.

1. BillyBob

BillyBob 1/2 ton status

One day, after offroading, I was driving home on the highway. Next thing I know, my truck starts vibrating after about 50 MPH. I mean, REALLY vibrating. I couldn't go any faster either. Before that, while roading, it stalled 3 times as well. Now, my engine has leaking valve seals, yet it was producing no smoke at the time of the incident. My friend first thought it was fouled plugs, but 2 days afterwards, the truck ran fine again. He then assumed it was the alternator. It may have gotten wet or something. I honestly don't know what happend, but it hasn't happened since, knock on wood. Now, my truck has TBI. I was thinking maybe something electrical got crapped on by mud. I'm not a mechanic, so I dunno. My friend is kinda dumbfounded too. Anyone have any ideas? This happened a few weeks ago. Since then, I took the truck mudding again, and it was fine on the way back. I didn't run it as hard as the other time though.

http://billybob.coloradok5.com- My half done website dedicated to my 87 K-5

2. 72junker

72junker Registered Member

Are you sure the vibration was from the engine? If there was mud caked in the rims that could make it buck. My s-10 used to do that sometimes. If your steering stabilizer's a little tired or you have big tires that could make it worse. The s-10 had 33's and would eat drag linkage every 6 months. When it started vibrating I knew it was time to start beating ball joints apart.

3. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

My Blazer would stall after a long trip, but the next day it was OK. It ended up being a vapor lock in the fuel lines. Check to see if they are not being heated by any parts in the engine. My fuel pump is mechanical, though. I guess yours is electrical. Elecectricals are supposed to not do that so often.

<font color=blue>//////
    http://blazer79.coloradok5.com
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]