Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A quarter Million dollar car, Long drive, and falling asleep at the wheel

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by xplosuv, Apr 16, 2002.

1. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Yup,
    That was my day thursday.
    A friend of mine was looking at a Lamborghini diablo vt rodster on line. he decides he wants it? So thursday morning were talking about the car, he had a the papers overnighted up here. He's said lets see if theres a flight down to LA
    There's a flight leaving in hour. we on a plane just to look at it.
    We get down there and the car is just F***King incrediable.
    I dont see these type of cars so when I get a chance to check one out Im all for it....
    well he just has to have it so he asks "can you drive this home today?" Im saying O HELL YES I drive this home. about 375 miles. its 1:30 in the afternoon, By the time I get it out of the dealer its 8:00 pm. Were down in Coasta Mesa getting on the 55? to get to 5. Somehow I end up on the 710. I get off the freeway and look for a gas station. Well I guess we were in a Not So Good neighbor Hood. We pull in to a gas station and got way too much attension. Lots of people start to gather around asking questions, then this one guy saya "you all brave too bring that up in here" my friend is kinda getting nervous, and he cant get the gas to go in the tank. gas is comming out of the filler and back washing down the side of the car. he gives up and says lets go... I dont get intimidated and Im a big boy, But I was getting nervous too.
    Then on to the lovely LA freeway system again. Now Im driving this thing and I cant see S**t out of the side mirors.
    The back window is about 5" high and 11" wide, cant see out of that one either.the car is so wide cant see when i need over. Ok now I got every Fast & Furious honda on the free way running next to me, wanting to race? Now I know there are fast hondas and such but even I no there are some limitations of cars Im not going to race.? but thats just me.
    this goes on till the other side of the grapevine. then you get the people that want to pass you but theres a line of trucks next to me so I got these Van's following me, Im trying to keep this under 85 cuz I have a problem with speeding tickets.
    The vans get close so I lay in to it and cruise up to 140 then back off. the vans finaly catch up so i take off again.
    Well Its getting close to Los Banos were I got my last ticket, so I let these vans pass me at 90. They were 4-h club vans and had lil girls in it? 2 of them. passed my at 90. If my kids were in a van doing ninty I would pull the driver out and give him a Fresh One... so that kept me up for a while. came in to the tracy areaand decided to punch it, chicken out at 168-170
    by the time I came in to Stockton I was getting tired. Had my eyes roll back a couple times, just cranked the music louder and kept going. got home to Sacramento around 4:00am
    Wish I wasnt so tired, would have been more fun.

Tony

2. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

cool story .. is this guy loaded or what? Wish I had some friends like that /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

mike

3. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Nope not loaded, just has good credit and cars are his only hobby.

4. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

Good credit bought him a diablo????GOD BLESS AMERICA

5. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

yea and at the end of 5 years he has a ballon payment of 100,000.00. LOL
    I say enjoy it before its gone....lol

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Dude you want to talk about tired. I drove from Colorado Springs Co. to Clear Lake CA Saturday in 22 1/2 hrs. I even did it non stop from Kingman AZ to Sacramento didnt stop for gas or a piss break. All I can say is the 10 red bull's sure did help.

7. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

How did you get the feeling in your butt back?

8. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

thats nothin i drove from my house in phoenix to the store this morning in phoenix approx 1 mile away thats a long drive.

9. StoneyK5

StoneyK5 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

10. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Sweet! Hey Tony your buddy gonna bring it to Hollister? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

11. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

What do ya mean 38" won't fit with a little trimming...LMAO..

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

A good spankin!!!!

13. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

yea....Im going to take it to the tank traps lol

14. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

COSTA Mesa? You should have called. I would have loved to have seen that thing up close. I'm only about 20 minutes from there and you could have even come up the 405 to get home. I've seen them driving around, but never up close and personal.

15. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

yea we picked it up at auto market on harbor blvd.
    Were going to be down there this weekend in long beach for a car show.

16. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

Where and when inLong Beach? Maybe i can meet you guys there. Is it a ricer show? Or a classic show?

17. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Its this weekend. Its a Ricer show... got to wait for August in reno for "Real" car show lol

18. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I used to work for my ex-father-inlaw. I drove from Nashville, TN. to Omaha, NE. non-stop. Talk about being tired. He owned a car rental company, I retrived the vichiles when they didn't get returned to the lot in Omaha. I've been all over the country after them. He was the cheap type, made me take a bus to where ever the cars got dumped, I'd have to find the impound yards, BS around with them till they'd release the vichiles, and drive it back to the lot.