Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A question for the ladies....ok guys too....Why is it.......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shane74, Jun 4, 2002.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

When you buy a woman something she needs, it's not a "real gift", but if you buy a guy something he needs, it's OK?? I.E. new tools so we can fix stuff? If we buy you a new vaccum or mop or anything to make what you do easier(regardless of the job)...we get in ALL KINDS of trouble, but when you do the same to us we're supposed to be happy? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE new tools, but....just cause I like 'em doesn't mean I'm gonna use them anytime soon.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i know exactly what you mean /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

3. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Are you talking about birthday presents and such? Or just a random gift?
    I usually tell Chris about 5 ideas of what I'd like for my birthday and he gets one of them. Usually with a little something he picked on his own too. Same goes for him. He'll give me ideas on the big ticket items for his b-day and I get one of them. I also get him one or two things I picked out personally. So much easier to just communicate what you want. If he or I had no suggestions, we know each other well enough to know not to by gifts like vacuums or tools. Need a bit more creativity and thought behind a gift than that.
    (just my opinion tho)
    If it was something he bought me out of the blue for example if I was saying in a conversation that I really needed a vacuum and couldn't afford it at the moment and he bought it, that would suit me fine.

4. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

You answered your own question- you LOVE new tools, well I don't know ANY lady that LOVES to get a new vacuum! I told John when we first got together 9 years ago, don't EVER buy me something for the "house"...if the "house" needs something WE will buy it, not you buying me something for the house...the difference is - for father's day a few years ago I bought him a new John Deere, was it for the house? well not really, it was for him, he had a push mower, but he really wanted a nice big tractor,,so we got a 365, WAY to big for our 1/2 acre... This year for Christmas, he got me a quad..not for the house, but same scenario as the John Deere.

Buying a woman a present is something that should be thought about- not well I know she bitched about that darn Vacuum last week, maybe I'll get her a new one...DONT BOTHER...get her a nice diamond bracelet...then let her go get her own vacuum when she wants/needs to.

Tools are FUN for guys, (and some girls),,vacuum's are NEVER fun, it's a chore we have to do, not want to do. Wrenching on a truck is something we want to do, we don't "have" to...well some of you break stuff- so you have to, but people like me that are not off-roaders, don't break stuff. LOL

that's why we like presents, not vacuums.

BTW, my daughter was 2 when we went to have some of my rings and necklaces cleaned..and she said to the lady behind the counter- in "baby talk"..my mommy says, Diamonds, and Platinum are the best, no yucky gold for us!" LOL

trained her right, and I guarantee she wont ever get a vacuumed for an x-mas present from her husband!

Brandy

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Maybe I'm wierd, but I truly enjoy vacumming. For some reason, I find it very soothing........./forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

My wife(and most other people) think I'm nuts. When we moved into our new place a few years back, I was like "Kim, check out the Electrolux vacuflo system!!!!!"

SO if my wife bought me a vacuum I'd be thrilled.

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> You just want a Flobee so you can cut your hair ! Fess up, Paul !

I'm getting an FMF spark arrestor for Father's Day for my ATV !

7. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

NEVER buy a household cleaning appliance for a woman as a gift (b-day, xmas, anniversary, etc.). Get it as a spur-of-the-moment 'replacement' or upgrade. Buy her 'compressed carbon' (diamonds) and she'll follow you anywhere (well - almost anywhere).

8. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Because housecleaning is a chore...not a hobby.

If a guy doesn't like doing things that involve power tools or tools in general, he is either weird or gay /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Women need a credit card to shop. Think of how happy she would be with a credit card as a gift /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Credit Card ??????? LOL !!!!!!!!! (beer splattered all over screen) !!!!

10. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Tell ya what. You keep the stinkin vacuum and mop, give me the tools, and I'll definitely consider it a present! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

11. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I must be lucky. I bought my wife a pair of NICE diamond earrings for a late 10yr anniversary gift she said she wanted something else so we went to the jewelers and she comes out a half hour later and asks for the credit card... when I go in she’s picked an anniversary ring, says she can wear it more and she’s got enough earrings, when I go to sign the slip its a credit wooohooo.

And yes she loved the vacuums I bought her last month...yes 2 wind tunnels.. One for upstairs and one for the basement.
    Now maybe she'll leave the shop vac. in the garage hooked to my saw instead of dragging it in all the time.

12. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I'm with you Brother!!! Shampooing the rugs right now - got the Electrolux FloorPro shampooer/polisher going with ZEP industrial strength shampoo. <font color=red>DIRT FEARS ME!!!!!!</font color=red>

13. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

When you buy a woman something she needs, it's not a "real gift", but if you buy a guy something he needs, it's OK?? I.E. new tools so we can fix stuff? If we buy you a new vaccum or mop or anything to make what you do easier(regardless of the job)...we get in ALL KINDS of trouble, but when you do the same to us we're supposed to be happy? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE new tools, but....just cause I like 'em doesn't mean I'm gonna use them anytime soon.

<hr></blockquote>

Ok Ill try to answer your question in what I think is going on....

When a girl cleans the house and does that kind of work it is unenjoyable. We dont vacume becuse we love the carpet and get to go fourwheel with it later (per say). But when a guy picks up his tools he is doing something he likes wich is working on his truck so he can go play with it later. Does that make sense. ? Well...just my thoughts lol may be wrong. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

14. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Pugsley or Canmore, will you marry me????? A guy that vacuums and shampoos.... I'm in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

15. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I bet the even rinse out the sink after they wash there hands !!! that would be GREAT!

or take off there boots at the door..

Brandy

16. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

nothing beats a kirby vaccum.Besides the crome looks real kool.

17. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Wanna hear something funny?

I had to fight with my wife to get a new home theatre... She made me buy a washer dryer instead...

She's starting to tell me we need to buy the carpet steamer thing instead of renting it...

She actually wants "tools"... She wanted a new vaccuum for her birthday one year, too.

18. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Sounds like she's a keeper.

19. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

I want a carpet shampooer too! I hate those rental ones! They suck! I have a Hoover picked out lol!

20. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

i told my wife that we need to get her a new ring, because we couldn't afford to get her a really nice one when we got married.
    she said that we should get a big screen TV instead.

oh, she's a keeper, alright.