Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A question for those attending BB03

Discussion in 'Blazer Bash' started by Paxx, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I am going to be coming with you all (just waiting for payday to register) in a stock k5. My planned trip is to fly to Vancouver BC, meet a friend then fly to Pheonix AZ, buy my first k5 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif from lazydog, I will then be driving to Vegas for 4 days and 4 nights of drunken debauchery, after which I will be driving to Moab for the blazer bash.

My question is, never having ridden in a highly modified vehicle before I would really love the opportunity to ride a difficult trail with one of you guys, is there one of you out there that could find room for me on one of the trails?

I want to be able to experience what a rig is truly capable of doing and while I know I will still have a blast wheeling my new rig, it would really round my trip off to ride in one of yours /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Thnx guys, can't wait to meet you all in Moab /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    ~Max

2. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well if my truck survives the trip there then you can have one of the 5 extra seats in my truck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I've got 4 seats with harnesses now. But I've got 3 filled (my son and he is bringing a friend) and an option on the fourth. You can fill it when/if available... I'll be on Upper Hell, Pritchet, and Behind the Rocks plus whatever comes up...

4. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the offers guys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I got a big shiteatin' grin on my face that won't go away right now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just can't wait /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crewcab.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

So is that a first gen. your buying?

6. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

Nope 2nd gen. It's a 78 converted to a 4sp, with a 205. The engine was rebuilt not too many miles ago. Here's a link with some pics http://members.cox.net/punkinpete/

The first mods planned are to get some seats with some lumbar support, put in my stereo, and twin stick the 205 Oh yeah, and fix the quarter panel.

I can't wait to own my first k5 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    I'm all giddy like a little school girl /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The rider situation is pretty variable for us between now and then but we should have 3-4 rigs with 3-4 drivers so there's a good chance of having a spare seat with one of our bunch. It's probably similar with some of the other guys so I wouldn't be too concerned with finding a ride.

8. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Hey Dude, THere will be plenty of seats available I am sure, my rig isn't heavily modified but you will have fun riding with me, it's modified enough to make it exciting, then you can hitch a ride with some of the more modified and compare. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

DIBS ON THE FIRST OPEN SEAT IN WALLY!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey Dude, THere will be plenty of seats available I am sure, my rig isn't heavily modified but you will have fun riding with me, it's modified enough to make it exciting, then you can hitch a ride with some of the more modified and compare. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I've done it and it's definately an interesting ride /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I've done it and it's definately an interesting ride /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh Jason, It's getting better now.
    Changing the springs for longer and softer, it will make the ride a little smoother and a little more flex, and the body is shedding some skin too, no hood... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif