Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A question of price

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by baldamish, Oct 8, 2005.

1. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

Today in the local paper i found a 1996 350 tpi motor. It just so happens my 75 could use a motor! The ad says the computer comes with it. I have two questions really, is $650 a decent price for the combo?? Also, what do have that may cause a problem with dropping a tpi in a 75?? Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated!!

2. blazerguy 90

blazerguy 90 1/2 ton status

Putting the motor in your Blazer shouldn`t be a problem, besides the motor and computer you will need the wiring harnes and the other related sensors to make it all work, you will also need an electric fuel pump and a return line for the TBI to the fuel tank.

3. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

is it tpi or tbi, theres a big differance. a tpi requires around 40 psi to opertate, tbi needs 12-14. i dont think you can use your stock tank with tpi, not sure what you would use for a pickup and pump. easiest way to go is with a fuel cell and inline pump if its tpi. i didnt think they made tpi after 93? if its an lt1, its a similar injection system (as far as what you need to do to make it work), which i have retrofitted into my 84'. just beware if its an lt1, you do have to take measures to waterproof the ignition system.

4. ryan22re

ryan22re 1/2 ton status

never made tpi in 96

could be LT1 either iron head fullsize car or alum head corvette/f-body

or vortec multiport (L31) from a truck

if its a 96 could require alot of work i.e. security system, evap system, cat converters, manual or automatic tranny controls.

ryan

5. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

its actually really easy, you send the computer to get reflashed and the harness out and when you get it back its pretty much just plug it all in and go. by doin this you can remove all emissons from the motor