Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a question on a z71

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Confederate9, Sep 22, 2001.

1. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i knwo this isnt a blazer but i got a question about a z71, its my buddies
    its a 97 i think and he wants to do a torque lift in the front aobut 1 or 1.5 inches, and i was wondering how do u do this?
    how is a torque lift done on it? any one know?
    aight thanks

<font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    85 K5 4IN LIFT 35 GOOD YEAR WRANGLER MT/R, AMERICAN RACING WHEELS

2. big75jimmy

big75jimmy Registered Member

There are two adjusters(one for each torsion bar) on the torsion bar crossmember toward the middle of the truck. Just use a ratchet and socket and crank them up. Very simple.

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Also make sure to use an equal number of turns on each of them - otherwise you'll throw handling all to hell.

Special thanks to those lost from IAFF Locals 94 and 854 - You shall never be forgotten
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

how much lift does this add?

<font color=red>K5: Because size DOES matter</font color=red>
    85 K5 4IN LIFT 35 GOOD YEAR WRANGLER MT/R, AMERICAN RACING WHEELS

5. k5texan

k5texan 1/2 ton status

my dad did this to his 91 it lifted the front about an inch and a half and he put 2 inch blocks in the back. we tested fitted my 33s onthe front and they fit but if you take it offroad it will rub a little but it looks a lot better than the 265/70s onthere now.

6. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

Well I really wouldnt advise this type of lift though,as far as tightening up the torsion bars.I did this to my 91 and it went through steering components and halfshafts like crazy!I did a fair amount of wheelin with it too though.It still makes the ride suck and it will never feel the same after you do this.Just my 2 cents!

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Make sure you get it aligned after you do it.

My friend did a 3" body, cranked the bars 2", and put 35s on his truck. It looked pretty good, but like IFS trucks, it was useless off road. In fact, near impossible not to break CV shafts. That kid beat the **** out of that truck though.

Then he bought a brand new 2000 K3500 with a 454, put true dual straight pipes on it, 33" Swampers, 3" body, nice aluminum wheels, etc. He went to the 4x4 show, got 2nd in the back to back pulls, got all drunk, then rolled it on his way home.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles