Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A quick hello *PART 3*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BIG*RED, Aug 2, 2005.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

hey guys. was finally able to get into the library today and use one of their computers. so i thought that I would say hi real quick. I don't have much time on here, so i don't know if i will be able to check in later.

Things are going good. everything is working out great.....

Ok, so thats a total lie, lol..but it sounded good.
    been having a real hard time trying to find a place to live. So I am still living in my truck. The cops harass me everyday. its "illegal to camp in city limits" they say, and they consider being homless and living in my truck "camping" I have been run off by the the two local police, the county sherriff, and the highway patrol. i go out side city limits, then the sherrif and hwy patrol, run me off.
    apperently in this area, if you have money everyone is your friend, but if your down on your luck, their motto is "get the hell out of our town"..
    tried camping by a river and lake, but the sherrif runs me off from there, says its "illegal camping" but they said i could pay 28 bucks a night and camp at one of their many campgrounds..heck i even tried staying up at a place around here called greenhorn, and they run me off from there too. apperently someone called and said there was a "suspicious" vechile..

Well the ex has moved, so thats also got me bummed out, despite all that has gone on between us recently. I still love her and miss her very much. Although she did bust the windshield of my blazer before she left, so i guess everytime I look out my windshield i will be reminded of her, lol..
    We have talk briefly yesterday by phone, she seems to be happy and doing well. So that makes me happy, but damn do i miss her.

its been hot as heck up here, seems like everyday in the past two weeks has been 100 degrees or more, the truck heats up to a nice 120-130 in the day. and my cat is really hating that, as am i. nothing like trying to sleep after being all hot and sticky all day.lol

well i guess thats it for now. I don't know when i will be able to post up again. i have about 20 mins left on here today. so i will check back in one more time before i go.

later.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2005
  2. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I feel for ya man. Sorry to hear about your daily run-ins. I hope you're able to get back on your feet soon. :o

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

where in cali are you?

4. mr_clean

mr_clean 1/2 ton status

I know there is a greenhorn just outside Grass Valley CA

5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

thats where he lives(ed)

creig message me when you can see you around

7. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i prayed for you.the only thing i can say bro. is try and get her outta your head and take care of you.any chick that would break your window is gonna be bad news in the long run.i spent three years with a girl i loved and the only thing we had together was the roll in the hey.other than that it became misserable.but like a dumb ass thinking with my emotions i kept going back for more :doah: .now i think about ME,cuz if i can't take care of me ,how can i take care of anyone else??also my cousin is 40 years old and he just started living in a tent behind his bike clubs house. :rolleyes: he seems to think it's cool. :laugh: but i can see it wearing on him.AND his old lady is with him :eek1: . no shower, or a way to cook.!?!? screw that.but he's a biker now. :haha: :haha:

8. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

hey craig....

you can camp just about any of the woods up here and not get hassled...or see another human for that matter.... its nicer out in trinity county by clare engle lake but boy would it get lonely out there... but you could camp by the lake and never get hassled...people do all the time

its hot here in redding too... 110 so far this year... if you camp by lake shasta at some point someone might run you off

be safe.... theres always the rescue mission up here.... how about the Y?

cam

9. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Are there any Christian Centers in California?

10. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

sheoldblaze lives in Grass Valley, CA same as me.

Man, I wish there was something I could do to help ya. Do ya need work? I can find you a job if thats the case. I'll think on it abit and see what I can come up with as far as a place for ya to live. It seems pretty crazy to me that someone would chase you off from Greehorn. What specific part where you camped in? Don't camp at the riverbed...try to get further back in the trees on some of the trails. If your not really familliar with the area, I can show ya a few good out of the way places. I know the whole place like the back of my hand.

Other than that, I would try look into some of the other things suggested in this post. A shelter, christian center or something similar. Anyways, I'll post back up if I can think of something for ya. :wink1:

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I can understand not wanting too go to a mission, I've been down a time or two and had too live in my vehicle before. I didn't want too go to a mission because my pride got in the way.

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

my understanding is that if he works he loses what little diability he has:crazy:

13. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

I see an obvious need here. I, we, want to help. I don't know you as well as others here.

How can we help you to get back on your feet?

Where are you now?

I lved in my car briefly ,about 20 years ago. It's not fun reading a book by candlelight in a 67' Chevelle at night.

Hope you read this thread and we can do some things to aid you.

You're in my prayers.

Bern

14. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

thank you..

15. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

16. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

also, thank you

17. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

thank you for the info, but they just raised the price of gas again. and at 2.89 a gallon, and 4 to 5 mpg..i just cannnot afford to leave the imedieate area..i go through about a quarter tank a day, just trying to keep the ac going now and then...lol

18. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

I can definatly use some money. i'm hurting real bad for cash. Darkshadow was right, i lose my disability and medical coverage if i get a "legal" job...but if you know of some things that i can do "under the table" to make a few bucks that would really help out...

as for greenhorn, i couldn't get to far in..because i don't have 4wheel drive right now, do to mixed matched gears in my axles. but i did the best i could to tuck in between some trees as far off the path as i could.

19. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

thank you too...thats the hard thing for me to do, ask for help..but at this point, i'm swallowing my pride and accepting the humility, and if any one can help that would be much aprecieated..
    as for what you or any one can do? I don't know what to say..money is the biggest issue, most of what i had saved up is gone. went into the gas tank and my belly..i also broke down and got a motel room twice..and in this town the dumpiest motel room still runs 77 bucks a night..but i just really needed to get me and my cat out of the truck..i hated spending the money on that.

i have a couple possible leads on a room to rent in someones house, but they won't be available till "late august" and they arn't cheep..one is asking 500 a month and the other 450 a month, plus utilities. and they both want a deposit too..
    to me that seems crazy..thats a lot of money for just a room..my 1 bed room granny house i had was 550..for the whole place!...but if i have to. i guess thats what i'll do..anything to get me and the cat out of the truck.

there are no homeless shelters around here, but i did go tot the gas station and look throught the newspaper this morning, and there was an artical about a "roving homeless shelter" starting up here, moving between several churches, but it has started yet, they are still working out the details, and hope to have it started this fall...so i still have a bit to wait for that..

so like i said, yes i admidt it, i need help...but i don't know what to say or ask for..

thank you all

20. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

ok gang, my half hour here is up..i'll try to get back in tomorrow, if not maybe monday..once again thank you all.. :wink1: