Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A quick question for anyone running a Can-back

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5DRAGER, Mar 9, 2002.

1. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Well I think my seals are leaking on my factory hard top. But before I spend the money for new ones I was wondering if the Can-back uses the factory seals? I'm thinking about getting one so I don't want to waste the money on new seals if I don't need them for the Can-back. In particular the ones on the top of the bed rails. Thanx

2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

The can-back doesn't use any of the factory seals.

3. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Thanks Steve. Did you ever have any problems with it leaking water or air...worried about leaks or the ability to retain heat in the winter.

4. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

The only places mine leaks on are the seams where the threads are but that's only in torrential rains. And that's only if it rains for like 2 days straight non-stop. However, I have since bought some seam-sealer that is used for sealing tent seams to waterproof them. I am going to apply it soon. It is a very high quality top.