Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A really BAD day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 3 on the tree, Dec 2, 2004.

1. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Got up this morning at normal time. Did all the morning stuff ( eat, walk the white monster, etc). Started the wife's car. Did I mention it was -26 degrees this morning? Went to start the Cherokee-starter locked up(Chevy motor). Went to fire up the ambulance instead, it has a flat tire in 12 inches of snow. Can't get the Blazer out cause the Cherokee is parked crossways behind it in 12 inches of snow. Call my buddy for some help. His Ford had an alternator meltdown about 15 minutes AFTER he put a thermostat in it this morning! I had to borrow M in Laws minivan to get to jobsite this morning. Tomorrow morning I have to choose whether to change the Jeep starter in 12 inches of snow and -20 or take the front tire off the ambulance in the same conditions and roll it half a mile to the tire shop. Or I could just say screw it till spring and buy a beater that runs right now, but I already have 5 vehicles in my yard and I don't think my wife wants anymore lawn ornaments.

2. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

u drove a minivan... /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Take the Blazer... push the Jeep out of the way.... and you're on your way
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Snowmobile?

5. 3 on the tree

Did you not see where I mentioned 12 inches of snow and I have nothing to push the Jeep with?

6. leadvillek5

leadvillek5 Registered Member

i know the feeling went to pull the wifes car in the drive way and ended up sliding on the ice in the drive way and crushing the front grill into the k5. man plastic went everywhere. thank god it didnt bend any of the sheet metal or the radiator. but its going to be pricey to replace it. at -15 below at night its pretty tough to get any thing done outside. we still have about 18inches thats probably going to just get deeper. not much is going to melt being that we are at 10,200ft. i'd probably just put the starter in so you at least have a 4x4.

7. 3 on the tree

The problem with changing the starter is that I have to drop the exhaust to get the **** starter out. Last time I dropped the exhaust it took 2 hours and a lot of cussin.

8. leadvillek5

what engine is in the jeep? and year

9. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    -26 degrees

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif What does that feel like!?! Coldest I've been in is a couple below 0.

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Can't get the Blazer out cause the Cherokee is parked crossways behind it in 12 inches of snow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Push Cherokee out of the way with the Blazer...then have a beer. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rene

11. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Nice to see a guy from my area.....um back to the post.
    -11F here this morning.

12. leadvillek5

i use to live in silverthorne. just moved to leadville about 4 months ago. ya it has been a cold mofo up here for the last week. ive had to work outside on the buses at copper mtn the last two days work for awhile then head back into the shop to warm-up. you know its cold when your nostrols are freezing when you breath. ive got the white k5 with 35's that you saw months ago by eddy bears.

13. 3 on the tree

The engine in my Cherokee is a 3.4 V6 out of a 95 Camaro. Miles better motor than the 2.8 it came with. Straight bolt up swap except for getting the flexplate re-balanced and installing an electric fuel pump. If you want more details, PM me.

14. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Have your Jeep towed to a shop and pay them to replace the starter.

15. 3 on the tree

What does -26 feel like? Your nose starts to run and it freezes to your lips before it can drip any further..Your bare skin sticks to metal, if the wind is blowing, your tear ducts start to freeze and it feels like you have a piece of dirt in the corner of your eye. Other than that and the loss of feeling in your extremities (all of them) its just like any other temperature.

16. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

My sympathy to you. I hate the cold so I stay either in the Mojave Desert or someplace where it doesn't get below zero. But my job likes to send me to all of this cold weeather stuff and I HATE it. Did I say I didn't like the cold. Good luck and have a few shots to keep you warm.

17. 3 on the tree

I love the desert. Built an extension to the runway at 29 Palms back in the 70's. Started work at 4am, got off at 12, had the rest of the day to hang out at the pool or go 4 wheelin out in the desert.

18. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

see why i hate winter?? cold and snow sucky sucky /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

19. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I was laying in bed watching the weather report last night and when the weatherman said it was gonna get to -27 in Gunnison (and was already -17 at 10PM!) /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif I said to my wife "Why in the hell would anyone want to live there"? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

And to think I thought it was cold when it got down to +5 here the other night... : /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

20. leadvillek5

cool set up. i thought that it was factory jeep until i seen that you install a 4.3L chevy motor in it. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif