Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A Serious (and Personal Topic)... !! UPDATE - I DID IT !!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Greg72, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Hey All!

I couldn't actually walk enough to get to the computer yesterday.....(something about riding 150 miles with NO previous training, I suppose!) but I wanted to let you all know that I was successful in my attempt to ride the entire 150 miles over the weekend.

I want to thank all of you again for your support, and send out a special thanks to those of you who sent money to support the cause. I was able to reach my personal fundraising goal, and the team I rode for (Cycling Friends) raised over $24,000 this year!!! Simply Awesome.

Here are a few teaser shots, and I've provided a link to the entire gallery below:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Link to all MS150 pics:

http://www.norcalbigdawgs.net/Gallery/album123

:saweet: THANKS AGAIN!!!! YOU GUYS ROCK! :saweet:

All,

It's hard to asking someone to make a donation. But, today I’m writing to you about a cause that’s important to me and a cause that I know you will want to support. I have decided to take steps in the fight against multiple sclerosis (MS) by joining the Blue Rock Industries MS 150 Bike to the Breakwater and I’m asking you to join me in this important fight by sponsoring me.

What if everyday you woke up not knowing if you'd be able to get out of bed or hold your child? For many people with multiple sclerosis, this is their reality.

Multiple sclerosis (MS) usually strikes adults in the prime of life - between the ages of 20 and 50. It is a chronic disease of the central nervous system affecting the brain and spinal cord. One new case of MS is diagnosed every hour. It comes and goes unpredictably, leaving people to wonder, "Will I become paralyzed, blind or have trouble walking? Will I be able to raise my family and continue my career?"

I have a goal of raising $500 to support the National MS Society. I am asking for your help in reaching my goal.

This year for the first time I will be riding alongside my father, my brother-in-law and uncle (who has been living with MS for many years). They have been doing these 150-mile rides every year, and now due to my own geographic closeness to the event (and my family) I am proud to be joining the team this time around.

You can find more details about the organization and the event here:

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/MEM/event/event_detail.asp?e=8571

To Sponsor me, please make checks payable to the National MS Society and mail them to me at:

Greg Blanchette
    75 Cross St.
    Keene, NH 03431

(or)

PayPal a donation to:

gregblanchette@netscape.net

Thanks for reading a "serious" post in what is normally a more lighthearted forum.... :thumb:[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
  2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i will be first to give 5 bucks to ya on paypal buddy.:wink1: :waytogo: :smile1: :saweet: :thumb: :deal:

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm planning on riding one next year if all goes well. Check your PP box and goodluck.

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

When does the money have to be in to you by? Im slow on sending stuff, and I need a MO to give you any money...Don't think you'd want Canadian Money :haha:

5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

PayPal'ed you a few shekels.....good luck on your ride.

6. Greg72

The ride is this coming weekend, but the collection of all the donations tends to take a couple additional weeks beyond that....so no worries!

Thanks so much to those who have already jumped all over this and offered to help. I don't know what condition I'm going to be in after pedaling for 150 miles, but I know that I will go "the distance" no matter how long it takes!!!

:thumb:

7. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

I will send you some $$$... I used to do the ride myself and loved every minute of it. When is the deadline? I still do not have the hang of Paypal, but would like to do it.

8. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

check your paypal. I have a good friend with MS. IT comes and goes. Thanksgiving one year me and her brother had to actually help her eat cause she didn't have the strenght to even pick up her glass or food. I try to help any way I can. Thanks for your willingness to help!!!!!!!

9. Greg72

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!

I should have known that my CK5 family would step up in a BIG way (and you have!) to support a worthy cause.

The event is only a couple of days away....I'm prepping the bike (and spares) and trying to get psyched up mentally for the 150 miles.... Somehow knowing I have so many people cheering me on will make it easier.

You guys rock! :saweet:

TortillaMan will make you proud.

[​IMG]

ps. If there's anyone who still wants to make a donation (of any size), I am still looking for more help toward my fundraising goal....if you can spare it, please consider sending something along. It's even TAX-DEDUCTIBLE!!! :thumb:

10. Greg72

11. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

The fact that you did it is very impressive. The fact that you did it on a mountain bike is down right crazy. :eek:

Congrats - looks like a fun weekend. :D

12. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Impressive! :waytogo: