Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A simpler, or more elegant way for shift rail attachment in Triple stick?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dhdescender, Apr 12, 2004.

1. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Aug 10, 2002
    Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    I am construcing a triple stick lever for my dual T cases, and I have run into a slight snag. Nothing major, but I had hoped a couple more brains might be able to solve this issue.

My linkage to shifts the rail closest to the input (that hides behind the adaptor plate), pivots on a location to the side (like the ORD, but the opposite side). Since the movement of this arm is an arc, and the shift rail is a stright line, their paths although close, dont quite line up perfectly. The arm wants to move approx 0.050" latereally, whereas the rail wants only to go in and out. Pretty simple. Heres a picture for reference:

My thought were to use a "slot" with a bronze bushing that would allow the nesesary side to side movement. Not great, but I guess it would work.

Any better ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Feb 24, 2001
    This is exactly what Titanic did with his. Mine is on the other side, like ORD, but attached to a bracket bolted to the end taps (for the end mount) out on the front output side. Either design works well.