Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A stall, a wide open throttle, a novice mechanic...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1979Jimmy, Jan 17, 2002.

1. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Once again id like to thank you guys for all your help and tolerating my countless sometimes ridiculous questions.

Today after school i was pulling out and as i got on the road I just floared it for fun. It went for a second then just died with a little pop. May have been a back fire. I got on some back roads tried the same thing died everytime.

Also of note somoetimes in the morning it stutters a little till it gets warmed up.

I think the choke might not be opening all the way and that might be it. Any help would be apreciated.

79 Jimmy, 5" lift 35 M/T with a 383 puttin out 400hp and 450lb/ft. 4.11s Locked front and back.

2. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

I don't think what you said what you are running for a carb.?

9/11/01..Never forget...Never forgive

3. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Yup, I agree with the above statement - What kinda carb you runnin'? I would guess its a Holley with a bad power valve. [​IMG] Mine is doing the same thing. Romp on it, and it falls on its face. But if you feather it, she still takes off just fine.

I wish I could find the adapter to install my QJet... [​IMG]

<font color=red>GOT MUD???</font color=red>
    My license plate reads:<font color=blue> 8 YR SUV</font color=blue>
    454/TH400/NP205 - 14BFF/D60/w/ 4.10s - 36" TSLs

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

FYI
    Edelbrock maks adapters to install Q-jets on a square bore manifiod.

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Thunders-Blaze> Blazer pics</a>

<font color=blue>Nevada... Where the pavement ends and the west begins

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Try advancing your timing a bit. Well I guees it would depend were it is set now. if you have it at 4 move it to 8 or 10.
    Could be the carb, could be gas filter getting full and when you hammer it the sucktion and crap block the fuel.
    Did it pop out the carb or out the tail pipe?
    If I remember corectly, if it backfires out the carb then it's ignition issue of some kind. If it backfires out the tailpipe then it's a carb issue.....or did I get that backwards????[​IMG]
    anyway GoodLuck

72K5[​IMG]Led Zeppelin[​IMG]Rock ON![​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Burt4x4>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Burt4x4</a>