Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A Thought I've Been Working On

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Resurrection_Joe, Feb 23, 2005.

1. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I've had a subject alwasy running in the back of my head along with all the other junk for a while. I won't expound completely, but here it is as succinct as I can make it

"Never work against anything in life. Activism is a hateful thing that only survives on what you are trying to end. If you put a lot of effort into this activism and win, you have nothing. Your activism is over, you have won, but you are now empty. Working for something is much better. Working for the pure joy of something lasts indefinately. If you work hard enough to sustain, not promote, not seclude, bu just to sustain, you shall have something to show for yourself in the end, and be at peace with what you have done"

It's a tie in to anyone who is anti anything. Why spend your finite life being against something on a general mass level?

I have to stop, or I'll go on forever

2. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

Damn RJ thats downright Poetic and makes a helluva lotta sense.......never though of it that way before:thinking:

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I used to be racist and hate everyone and everything. Then I realized it was ruling my life. I spent more time talking or thinking about what I hate than what i like. I don't remember how but I snapped out of it and try to ignore the things I hate and focus on what in life makes me happy, or my goals.

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Is it possible to be an activist against anti anything people without being hypocritical? I wish the anti (fill in the blank ___) people would mind their own business and not try to make the lives of others miserable. They should get a dog or something.

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

As with firearms, off roading, art, I walk where I will, and when there is an obstruction, I remove it. I don not bother the obstructions down others' roads unless asked, and do not bother those on the side of my road.

The best way to fight antioff road? Be the best and most responsible offroader you can be. When they go to far, counter. Action is what drives activism. You do not kill people for beliefs, you kill them when they threaten you. Defense of the right.

The best way to fight anti firearms? Be the best most responsible gunslinger you can be. When they want to ban, say your peace calmly, and don't act idiotic. They can't get the worst militant crazy on tv if there are none.

The best way to promote your art? Just be true.

In essence, do what you love, and when what you love is threatened, defend. Sometimes, you can be wrong, because you preach an ideal and practice in sin (church, NAMBLA, PETA, etc.). Most of the time, right is right.

The last metroid is in captivity. The world is at peace.

I just had to say that.

6. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I knew the philisophical Rj would come out sooner or later. I wish you were closer , I would love to discuss philosophy with you without all the machismo( **** I hate that word) crap that comes with discussing things on the www! Keep it coming!

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Unfortunately, the loonies out there honestly believe what they are doing is "right". So to eliminate all the "anti-this" stuff you have to prove to them that YOU are right and they are indeed wrong.

If you find a way to show the loonies that they are needlessly focusing their energy on useless causes, you might have a chance.