Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A total waste of a day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big pappa b, Nov 11, 2003.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

So there I was getting ready to drive down to get my exhaust put on. Just finishing up a few last minute things> I had only set the timing by ear since the motor install which was hard anyway with open headers
    Timing must still be off cause it was sputtering a popping thru the carb a little. Didn't take long for someone in base housing to have the cops here So much for my plans of driving it. I called a place to get it towed there but that was 3 hours ago and still no call back.
    I just found out yesterday that the parts I need to do the lift on the rear of my truck wont be here until next monday.
    So it looks like I blew a week of leave for nothing. Only ggod news I got recently was the my 1 ton axles should be here next week too
    Hopefully when the time comes that will be a smoother process

2. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

A week off of work and you are further behind? Good ole Murphy's Law... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. big pappa b

Oh but guess what...since I couldn't do anything to the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif the spousal unit found some work for me to do on her Miata /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif
    4 new slotted rotors, Mintex brake pads, new calipers and stainless brake lines. Tomorrow I get to put in the new air horns for her
    What about me /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

4. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Bahahahahahahaha

Air horns on a miata? You ARE a yankee redneck!!!

5. big pappa b

If you heard the piece of crap horn that the factory has then you would wnat to upgrade too. It's her idea not mine. She bought them with her personal taining money and I install them. I tried to talk her into getting the big trucker style horn, the ones about 2ft long, and I would mount them one each fender The ones she got will be behind the grill so you won't be able to see them but they do put out 135db's /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh but guess what...since I couldn't do anything to the the spousal unit found some work for me to do on her Miata

[/ QUOTE ]

Murphy's Law Part Deux /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif