Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A-Tron Anti-Wrap pricing now available**PICS ADDED**

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 45acpJr, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Pricing is now complete and available for viewing and ordering on our website. Currently there will be a small amount of welding required during installation. We are not sure how long it will take for us to complete the engineering required to provide a completely bolt-on kit.

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. 72BlazerTravis

72BlazerTravis Registered Member

Re: A-Tron Anti-Wrap pricing now available

$850.00 for anti axle wrap bars? Thats ridiculous. Why pay almost a grand for something that other companies make for far less? Christ thats way too expensive. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

850 bills is kinda spendy, but look at what you are getting. There is obviously a lot of time wrapped up in quality machine work with that kit. No shoddy-looking angle iron work here...If I had the cash to burn, I would get one...But I would get a D60 and clean up my interior before that...

Chris

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

I knew there would be comments like this...

To A-Tron's credit, have you looked closely at the workmanship and beef that this setup offers? Additionally, I can say first hand that A-Tron will completely (and I do mean completely) stand behind anything that you buy from them. This is a "high end" piece that may not be priced for everybody.... so build your own if you like.

Marv

5. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Why do you feel the need to make comments like this? If you feel this is too pricy for you that is fine, but you don't need to trash someone(a paying supporter of CK5) because you think their product costs too much. This is a high quality high end product that wasn't designed to be cheap, it was designed to work and be durable.

Mike

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Thats ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Short of having it built in a third world country with slave labour I can't see it being built and sold for much less. It's not ridiculous, I look at it every day and I'm still amazed at the workmanship and attention to detail.

Why pay almost a grand for something that other companies make for far less?

[/ QUOTE ]

This one works as intended. No bind even when twisted up beyond belief and absolutely no axle wrap.

Rene

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

It's just like buying cars. Some folks are perfectly happy with an old rusty Duster, while others wouldn't ever think of being seen in anything other than a Rolls Royce. Two different products, two different market segments, but they both get sold. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

$850.00 for anti axle wrap bars? Thats ridiculous. Why pay almost a grand for something that other companies make for far less? Christ thats way too expensive. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

well Travis, you are a BUM, it says so in your profile. So if *I* were a *bum* $850 would be an insane amount of money. But since I am not a bum, and enjoy spending my future house payments on parts, it is something I will look into.

Trav, i got this great box i am selling, the bum around the way wanted it for an add on to his existing box he lives in, but i'll give a Ck5.com person (even if you are a bluebie) first crack at it. PM me.

9. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Like others have said, the quality on a-tron stuff is absolutely top notch from what I've seen. Anyone with a clue can look at the pics and see that this is not easy to make. Steel alone is not cheap, add many hours of highly skilled machine work with expensive equipment and the price is not that high. People have to decide if they want fillet mignon or round stake... You want fillet, you gotta pay for it! If you can't afford it, don't expect those who offer to provide fillets to sell it to you for the price of ground round just so you can. This is definately out of my price range, but I would never bash their pricing.

Hmm, I'm going to get something to eat now...

10. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif too funny.

jacob

11. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Travis,

For a guy that has only 41 posts on this site, that a pretty large statement for someone to make!! I'm sure that each person has a diffrent opinion on what there value of $850 is worth, but they don't trash others work.

I have first hand experience with A-Tron, and I can tell you that if I was in the market for anti wrap devices, I would own an A-Tron device.

I would suggest that you get some experience under your belt and a few more posts under your name before you trash A-Tron with statement like you have, and or do some more reading/searching to understand fully why they have developed what they have and the application that it resolves.

therobzilla, faithful user of A-Tron stuff!!

12. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

$850 is a lot if you dont know the history of a company. But I WILL pay $850 for the anti-sway from A-Tron because I know there history from talking to people. I also have been talking to Rene about the Anti-Sway. And he says its well worth that if not more. Because of all the mony you will be save from not having to fix something you broke. Also from what everyone on this site says that has bought products from A-Tron will swear by them.
    So yes $850 is a very far price for the quality and reliability of this product. Hell I would pay a grand for it if the Anti-Sway cost it.

Travis I agree with what Therobzilla posted about you trashing A-Tron. Do some research on something before you go and try to trash it and give CK5 users a bad name. ESPECIALLY a paying supporter of ColoradoK5.

13. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Trav, i got this great box i am selling, the bum around the way wanted it for an add on to his existing box he lives in, but i'll give a Ck5.com person (even if you are a bluebie) first crack at it. PM me.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sean

Is this the final price. I recall you (or Bill) saying you were going to try and see if you can cut down on production costs, possibly a little thinner tubing. Is that this price or is $850 what Rene has under his Blazer?

15. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

I thought it might come out around $400-500 ..850 is out of range for me for the task

16. 45acpJr

45acpJr 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Zack,

As it stands right now $850.00 does not begin to cover the costs of manufacturing these kits in such low quantities. If we see a high demand for this product we will most definetley look in to re-engineering these to reduce the cost. But as we stand now I believe this price will be firm. We were looking at other materials but they were either too expensive or not strong enough. So yes it will be exactly like Rene's kit.

17. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

i think i was one of the first people to read Travis' response to this post, and i thought to myself, "They are gonna tear him a new one on this" Travis' you should really think before responding like you did, Until you are making Top notch products you have exactally zero room to talk about someone elses prices on theirs........ 850 is currentlty outa my range, but when i start bending rear leafs from axle wrap then itll seem a little closer in my range, I havent done any fabricating so i have no idea what costs are of making something such as this, but ive noticed that all the Custom Fabbed products from any company that holds any weight, are gonna be pricey. That Setup looks pretty f'in bad ass to me, wish i could buy one........

18. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

$850 is a lot of money. But running a business, especially a small one, costs a lot money. Most people dont realize this. You have to make enough money to pay for a lot of stuff. Insurance, equipment, labor, utilities, materials, time, hired help and taxes are just a few. A lot of time and money have been put into a high quality setup.

I most likely wont be buying one simply because it's out of my price range. However, I'm not going to bash the price because I realize how much it costs to keep the doors open as the son of a small business owner. A lot of people think my parents make a lot of money. They dont make jack $hit after the bills are paid, if they are lucky enough to have enough to pay them.

19. IronMan

IronMan 1/2 ton status

How strong do you think the setup is? I don't know about using pinion bolts for that kinda torque load.

20. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

I have first hand experience with A-Tron, and I can tell you that if I was in the market for anti wrap devices, I would own an A-Tron device.

[/ QUOTE ]
    yeah, and all that cash you were saving up for the doubler can now get you an anti wrap system of GREAT quality.
    but as far as i can tell ya need a 14 bolt... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    PS, i got a line on some CHEAP.

he he he ...
    grant

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.