Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A very special thanks to pete(yunit) and kgillyk5(kenny) for their help

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bablazer73, Jul 2, 2003.

1. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

short on cash (as usual) and my computer does a complete meltdown. Out of the 3 I had (all out of date) I couldn't get ANYTHING to work! Both these guys called me and offered their help to get me back! Pete eneded up getting a P II and thats what I am on now. spent some truck money on xp windows and I'm back!! THESE ARE THE REASONS WHY I love this site. These are friends!!and without this site and their help, I would have gotton sucked into a new dell or something else that I couldn't afford!!
    THANKS AGIAN!

Oh, and pete, the "76" runs fine after I took that holley off!! been driving it top off and no doors!! anybody want to buy a holley carb?? cheap?? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

I total agree
    the people is what makes this a super place thanks Pete and Kenny /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Awesome!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Rob

4. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I told you to call me if you had issues! I could of burned you a copy of XP and sent it overnite for FREE from work.

I try to help anyone and everyone as much as I can.

The one thing that has always amazed about the truck is how quick it starts and how fast that starter turned that engine over. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Hey Henry! What did you pay for that alternator your running? I need one since mine is dead. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

6. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I got that for 99.00 from my local rebuilder. It's from a C60 truck.
    My brother, the family computer wiz, said i HAD to have my own REGISTERED copy of xp. so to avoid an argument, i got it.

7. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

True to a point...unless you have the corporate edition like I have. Oh well, at least your back online.

8. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

Glad to see your back and everything worked out. The OS thing is debatable "I doubt microsoft is going to audit a truck driver from upstate w/ 3 PC's" but you can sleep better if its all legal.
    I'll give you a hollar when I'm ready to make a move on axles and a plow...$$$'s tight here too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

WB buddy. I was wondering what was up. Did you get my MO and the PM I sent about the other mount?

10. Mreetz

Mreetz 1/2 ton status

Pete is a great guy and always willing to help out! Got me out of problem too! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif