Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A warrent for my arrest

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BIG*RED, Oct 26, 2005.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

so i got pulled over yesterday. fourth time this month...

guess the folks up here just don't like California plates... :dunno:

the past three times, has been nothing big..just ask me a bunch of questions like, where i'm from, where i'm going..typical stuff. then they run my tags and my license and let me go.

well yesterday the party lights came on, so i pulled over. got my paperwork ready. and the cop came up and started to give me grief because the back window on my blazer is tinted..he said and i quote "you don't have to have a back window if you have both sides mirrors, but here in the state of Oregon, if you do have a back window, it can't be tinted"... :confused:

now instead of arguing with him about this..because i know there are tons of vechicles that come straight from the factory with the back windows as dark as mine..ie..the suburban/tahoe, chrysler town and country, dodge magnum..i could go on.. i just agreed with him..

so he takes my license and paper work to go run it..

comes back a few minutes later and asks me what my ss number was..so i told him...he comes back and asks if i'm sure thats my correct ss number..i said yes, and i have my ss card in my wallet, would you like to see it? he takes the ss card back to his truck..
    comes back and asks me what color my eyes are..."um green" then asked do you were contacts? "um no"...then he asked me if my nose was pierced? :confused: .."um no"..then he studies my eyes and looks all over my nose for any sign of a piercing.

then he tells me "well your license came back as being suspended and there is a warrent for your arrest in eastern Oregon"...

:eek: :eek: :eek: "excuse me, what?"....my license is vallid and i've never been to eastern oregon"

so he tells me to "sit tight" and goes back to his truck..

now i'm starting to get a little worried..

about 10 min, later he comes backs and says "well you don't match the description for the guy that has a warrent out for him"...

and i ask, "what about my license"

"oh its vallid, just a little problems with our computers, so your free to go...but on the tint..it is illegal in Oregon, but we usually don't bother people about it, so you might want to get it removed anyways"

so that was my excitement for the week..lol :D ...oh and i'm not removing the tint...its the back window for petes sake :doah:

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Scary, one second free and easy................then bam...........whew!!!:eek1:

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

wow you scared me for a sec, and just when i though things were going well...

get a bumperstick that says you like oregon, sorry about the cali thing.

tint on the back window????? man alive this guy must have been BOARD!!!

4. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

So you left california. I must have missed something. :dunno:

5. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Glad he found out it was a mistake before anything went too far.

6. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep, that could have turned into a looooong day. :eek1:

7. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

If you have California plates, he shouldn't have bothered you about a law in a state your vehicle isn't even registered. That would mean I'd have to install mud flaps on the burb just to drive through Cali and get the motor converted to CA emissions as well...sounds like he was looking for an excuse to pull you over.

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

HHmmm...

I tend to agree..sounds like the cop wanted a better look at his pupils,and nostrils,to see if he was stoned or had any white powder residue in his nose..they can use any excuse--how would Sheldonblze know for sure if there really WAS a warrant outstanding is his name??..and if there was,I'd get it cleared up right away--the next cop might use his gun on him if he thinks he's a wanted felon! :eek1:

I had a sherriff come to my door about 20 years ago--asks me if I'm so and so--I said yes,then he asks me to extend my arms so he could cuff me!--

I refused to go outside the door,and he read off a a warrant for my arrest for assault and battery and other charges! :eek1: ..I asked him if he was sure it was ME he wanted,because I'd NEVER been arrested before for anthing!..he read the FULL name off the warrant again,and I said--OH!-- :surepal:

I know that guy!--same name as me,but his middle name is different--I went to school with him,and he was always getting detention,suspended,and I even got HIS report card once!--I was always getting blamed for his antics,and for skipping school,etc...and that day,I nearly got hauled in for nothing!..they found him later that day living in the town next to mine..WHEW! :doah: I almost crapped myself!!..good thing I didn't fit the description on the warrant! :crazy:

9. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

thats ok, i miss a lot of things these days.. :D

left california the last week of Aug, if i remember right..

oh and incase you missed my other post(s)...
    i had surgury, and i'm physically feeling a lot better than i have in almost two years, and i'm in Oregon staying with the parents of a girl i knew in high school, recovering and resting..and of course getting pulled over..lol :haha:

10. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Good News!!

Glad to hear things are getting better for you!.. :waytogo: ..Keep the faith!.. :crazy:

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

SOP....................

12. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Damn, I missed alot. All of this must have happened on a weekend. I rarely get on here and if I do, usually drunk. Good for and I'm glad to hear things are better.

13. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

In most states, Oregon included, if you do certain things to show that you are a resident, you are then subject to registration and every other vehicle code law that state has. This tends to keep people from bringing a car in from another state to avoid local laws and never registering it. For some states it is a time period. For other states they have criteria like attending a school, getting a job, obtaining welfare or other benefits, etc. Oregon prescribes their criteria in section 803.200. If you are just passing through, the cops generally won't make it an issue. If you are there for any length of time, you will be scrutinized more for having out of state plates.

14. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

He didn't say he was LIVING there till after I posted, but that is true.

15. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

And as mentioned, Ca. plates in Oregon are about as popular as a white power T-shirt at an NAACP convention........ :D

16. Codeman96

Codeman96 1/2 ton status

Now thats funny.

You really should go down to the local PD and explain about the warrant thing and have them check your record, SS# etc. to make sure that there isn't some kind of mistake going on. I wrote a summons to a woman one time and it turned out that her daughter had used her SS# for her own and it was a mess.

17. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

"computer thing"? i wonder how many people have been arrested there cuz their computer was ****ed up....no good.

glad u made it out alright :D

i was thinkin bout gettin a bumper sticker saying how i support the local po-po, to try to keep them off my back :D

how can the cops know how long you've been there? im sure u could say ur jus passing by, unless the same cop gets u....then ur up a creek i guess.

one time my mom got pulled over for goin 16 over the speed limit and the cop let her go cuz she was an "organ donor" on her license...needless to say, when i applied for my license, i made sure i was an organ donor :haha: