Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a way to save re-gearing a front d60... anyone?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RootBreaker, Jan 1, 2004.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

ok my parts truck had 4.10's in it so my d60 front is gonna need a new set of gears... 4.56's... anyone local that would like to do a swap? something im contemplating... if someone has 4.56's and only wants 4.10's this would be a good way to go as we can both get the set we would like. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

we can swap gears or just plain swap the entire axle.. as my ubolts will be in the mail tomorrow and the axle is going in next week. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I have a 4.56 and up carrier that I bought off a member here. If you can find a set of 4.56 gears used you could probably do the swap fairly cheap. I paid $50 + shipping for it, PM me if you're interested.

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

We just did a gear swap in our 60/14B, and have a 4.56 carrier and gears for the 60, and 4.56 gears for the 14B, all in prefect shape, if you are interested, PM me.

4. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    We just did a gear swap in our 60/14B, and have a 4.56 carrier and gears for the 60, and 4.56 gears for the 14B, all in prefect shape, if you are interested, PM me.

[/ QUOTE ]

sent ya an email since I just signed up as a member......and cant pm yet /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif