Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A way to tell if the chat is on.

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by Espen88k5, Apr 16, 2000.

1. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I wont take credit for this,it was <font color=blue>BlueKnight</font color=blue>'s idea. If there was a indicator on the messageboard showing <font color=red>There is currently 6 chatroom users</font color=red> Then it would be easy to get together. I met another person the other day and we both froze. Couldent think of anything to say, being so surprised somebody was there..LOL
    [​IMG]

http://sites.netscape.net/espensplace/homepage

2. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

I think the problem with the chat is that no one stays there for any length of time. Most of us just pop in to see if anyones there, then leave rather than waiting. If I go in there, I will sit there for at least 20 mins. You can set the sounds 'on' then detach and surf the message boards, and if anyone pops into the chat room, the sound will alert you that someone has joined. I never knew about the sound until last nite, but I went there and we ended up with about 10 people in there at one point! It was around 9:00 MT when everyone was there.

Just a thought

Mike

<font color=blue>Thumper
    85 Fullsize Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    <font color=red>Lets Go Wheelin! </font color=red>

3. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Yes I agree, but wouldent it be great if all the messageboard readers could see you where there.<font color=red>There is <font color=blue>1</font color=blue> person in the chatroom</font color=red> I spend a lot of time at CK5 but it all goes into catching up on new posts. I check the chat, but then I have to hurry back to the messageboard.
    What do you think?

http://sites.netscape.net/espensplace/homepage

4. BillR

BillR 1/2 ton status

The sound selection worked great last night. I was the only one there when I went in. I turned on the sound and kept surfing. We ended up with 9 at one time.
    Very cool!

Blazin' in Flagstaff

5. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

sounds great and is a partial fix, but still it would be nice to look up and see if anyone is in there like on the who's online search or something like that.

<font color=purple>79' K-5 396cid 600hp, TH350, NP203</font color=purple>
    http://79blueknight.homepage.com

6. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I like to chat.....

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Espen88k5</font color=blue>

7. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I just learned of the detach and sound option! lol!

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>