Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A week later...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jul 16, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

A week and some hours since the passing of my beloved Ruby. I'm doing pretty good now. I still get the urge to cry at times, but I haven't in days. Right now I'm getting the urge, but its not going to happen. I almost did today when I went to the tattoo shop and talked to all the artists about it. They all loved Ruby girl. I'm doing better is all.

As for another Hog, I want one. My mom is encouraging me to get another one, but I can't find one as of yet. I talked to some Breeders in Virginia, but they won't have litters till September, and they are about $150. Someone on the hedgehog forum said, "your penance is to find a hedgehog in need of rescue and save it". I want to do that. If anyone knows of a pet store that has a Hedgehog, let me know. Pet stores rarely treat hogs the way they should be(same with most animals) so I hope to find one in some nearby state I can get and raise right. Hmm, I guess I don't really hope to find one, that would mean there is a hog being mistreated, and I just rather that not happen, but you know what I mean. If someone lives a state or two away and spots one, let me know, I will call the store and maybe we could arrange for you to house it for a few days(maybe week or two) till I can arrange to come get it. I don't know, just trying to move on I guess, and trying to do the right thing by another hog, I need to make up(not that I ever really will) for my transgression.

2. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Are there such things as Hedgehog rescues? Might have to do a little diggin for ya to find out.

3. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

There are.... hedgehogcentral.com should have a list. I think that's the right address.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Yes, there are rescues, I am a member of Hedgehogcentral's forum. Not sure anyone there would care to deal with me though, many gave me a lot of grief(I deserved it mind you), for Ruby's passing.

5. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status