Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A weird idea...

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by laketex, Oct 4, 2001.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

what I've always thought would be cool is a ford festiva and cut off the top, throw a pair of interco 27" swampers on there and cut the hell out of the fenders to make them fit. Weld the differential. Like the other day, there was a geo tracker that was a mega pos, but ran good and was 4wd. Now that would be a cool platform for an under $800 mud slinger. You've got light weight, throw on some 28" swampers, gut the thing, sawzall it up, weld it in the rear, and trailer it to the 4x4 meet...then wheel the piss outta it! I know i'm a weird cookie...been watching too much junkyard wars.

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

2. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Trailer it? Sounds like a daily driver to me :P
    -Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I had thoughts of buying my old co-workes toyota wagon, sawzalling it up with some swampers and driving the piss out of it. he only wanted a couple hundred for it, but some lady bought it and wrecked that weekend. oh well

<font color=red>Life is like a mud hole:</font color=red><font color=blue>
    When the S#!T gets deep, you have to keep moving and friends can always pull you out</font color=blue>
    55 Willy's

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I was gonna do that with the ex gf's Volvo. It was a real POS 250K on it, and she ran it into a fire hydrant. i had an awesome idea of puttign 28" Swampers on it and beating the crap out of it, but her dad took it to the junkyard and I never saw it again...

90K5

5. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Im gonna have a running C20 chassis soon.I bought it for the cab.I was thinking of shortening it and making it a 2wd buggy or putting a front axle and a tcase in it and makin a 4x4 buggy.It would be cool but I dont have anywhere right here to run anything like that.

A balanced diet is a beer in both hands.<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

6. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Man... you have done it.... never have seen a Fiestiva... I have seen lifted and offroad camaros, fieros, pacers, chevette, Mustang II's, Vegas, Cadillacs, and pintos...[​IMG] I really dunno.... why the heck not... what more fun can you have w/ a turd car like that [​IMG]

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/captcrunch</a>

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

God no! If you're gonna get a small thing get a Subaru Justy! Pretty much the same thing as a Festiva but much better looking.. plus you can get em with 4wd already on em!

79 K5 <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/capman2k/>Go Here</a>
    Wyoming doesn't exist, the map maker just needed to fill the space above Colorado[​IMG]

8. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I think Im gonna make a 2wd buggy out of my C20.A friend is giving me a 260Z and I think Im gonna stick that on it.Gonna have to cut the C20 down to a 90" wheel base but that shouldnt be a problem [​IMG]

A balanced diet is a beer in both hands.<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

9. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Correct me if I'm wrong...but welding the rear of a Festiva wouldn't help much.....front wheel drive....ya know! Why don't you finish one project before starting another.....that's a wife quote.....[​IMG] I think a "rally style" Festiva, Rabbit etc. would be too cool....'sides, you're already gonna have a bitchen' wheeler! Keep up the thought process though......it's good for the grey matter.....[​IMG]

Michael[​IMG]
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm>www.jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm</a>

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Again, whatever you do, don't get a festiva!!!!!! !!!!!!! !!!! ! ! !!!!

If you need more convincing, go to Go Here
    Wyoming doesn't exist, the map maker just needed to fill the space above Colorado[​IMG]

11. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

yeah welding the rear would suck huh? Wonder what a welded front end on a front wheel drive car would handle like? Yeah I guess you're right, the voice that i'm sure I'd hear if I voiced the idea aloud. Got the one project, plus a couple of diesel 4x4's i'm looking at trading the phord for....Guess that's enough toys for now [​IMG]

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>