Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A1 Driveshaft in Denver

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by alec78, Mar 27, 2003.

1. alec78

alec78 1/2 ton status

Has anyone had any dealings with A1 Driveshaft in Denver? They are at 55th and N Washington.

I took my front shaft in to them, it needed to be rebuilt. After putting it back on my K5, I noticed the splines (male)were past the slip (female) by about an inch.

PIC

They want me to measure it (no problem) and they will "look" at it. So far it sounds like they want to CHARGE ME FOR rebuilding it AGAIN /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif!!!

2. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

I have never dealt with them, I use drive line service in Colorado Springs and have had great luck with them.

Did you give them the measurements or did they take them before they built the shaft? That is the key.

John

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Never dealt with A1 either....I have used DTI (Drivetrain Industries) here in Fort Collins (they also have a shop in Denver)...They are cheap and do good work...I got a NEW rear driveline (non-CV) with ALL spicer parts (includeing u-joints), built and balanced for under $150. The measurement was spot-on...

My front CV shaft was like $220 (again, ALL new spicer parts) was too long on the first try, but that was a measuring mistake on my part...

I have been VERY happy with DTI..They also give my jobber-cost on Spicer parts and u-joints...

I have herad great things about Northern Colorado Driveline, out in Greeley..

Chris

4. bigbluek20

bigbluek20 1/2 ton status

I have the same issue with my front driveshaft after having it redone at driveline service of boulder... it was fine static but when I set the frame on jack stands and drooped... presto, splines /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif . Apparently long travel isn't something they normally deal with.

I haven't yet gone back to talk with him about my travel issues because the truck was out of commission. We'll see how the service holds up shortly.