Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AA NV4500 - Slave Cyl Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rcamacho, Oct 2, 2006.

1. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

My slave cylinder blew out on my last trip offroad. The previous owner installed a slave from another application, so I'm installing the correct bracket (AA GM SLAVE CYLINDER BRKT. P/N: 715535) to addapt the stock 85-91 slave cylinder.

Q: Is this the preferred method? Seems like it would be desirable to have the mc/slave a matched combination which they will be. Any issues with header clearances?

Added pics.

Clutch 001.jpg

Clutch 002.jpg

Clutch 003.jpg

Clutch 007.jpg

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

The AA bell is set-up for some Jeep slave. I can't recall the exact application off the top of my head, but I have one ordered and also have the matching clutch master and line coming too. Might take a bit of figgering to set-up the stroke depth coming off the clutch pedal...

We'll see how that all goes I guess.

Rene

3. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Updated with pics,
    Here's the setup from AA that I'm going to with the stock GM slave:

aa.jpg

aa2.jpg

4. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

Update 10/9:
    I've received the bracket and have mocked up the stock slave cylinder. The rotation built into the adapter places the bleed screw into interference with the block when mounted upwards, downwards would prohibit bleeding. I'll post pics later on.

5. rcamacho

rcamacho 1/2 ton status

10/16:
    I've completed installation of the stock slave cylinder, pressure hose and AA bracket. Clearances from the slave to block are tight but otherwise it appears to work fine.

Thanks to CK5 for tips on bleeding the clutch slave. I ended up bench bleeding the entire system off the truck.. It saved me lots of aggravation under the truck.