Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AAAAAAAAAARGH! The [censored]'s about to hit the fan!!! (RANT, READ WITH CAUTIO

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jimmyjack, May 20, 2002.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

AAAAAAAAAARGH! The [censored]\'s about to hit the fan!!! (RANT, READ WITH CAUTIO

My bloods boiling, I'm gonna go to jail if I'm not careful. I'm sitting in the front yard today playing with my kids(ages9@11). This guy comes down the street hauling ass doing about 40(in a 25MPH zone) his motor is revving at about 5 grand. He gets to my house, slows down........ I said to him as calmly as I could "hey, slow it down! this isn't a race track" Freakshow slams on the brakes and says " what're you f@#$ing blind? didnt you hear me slow down back there?"( read it again, it's really what he said) We bickered back and forth about this and that. He says I should be a better father, then tells me he F'd my mother, no he didnt, cos she too fat and ugly. I told him if he was half a man he'd get out his car right then and there. He gets out swining some stick, I picked up a river rock from my yard and I went after him, he hauled ass out of there. I called the cops and [censored] went downhill from there. Told them my story. Basically what I got was BIG DEAL, NOT OUR PROBLEM. What's up with THAT!!!!! I called my connections and got a name and address in Pheonix. ( this is where I need to drop it)
    My main beef is I have been complaining relentlessly for about 7 yrs to my police dept and city council with no results. Tucson's finests have brand new stickers on their cruisers that readWILLING TO PROTECT, READY TO SERVE! Sorry, you're blowing smoke up my ass again! I have alot of friends and relatives that are in law enforcement so I have a few Aces up my sleeve. But damnit I just want a little help......... whats the big friggin deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Does one of my kids need to be killed by a speeding car to get some results? 3 yrs ago a truck came down our street doing 95mph. It clipped the curb in front of ouse and rolled 6 times!! If it werent for Willy Wonka on tv that night my kids would've been in the front yard playing hot wheels that night.
    Gimme some feed back, tell me what you all think. I'm a responsible adult. I've never been in trouble with the law, I've had 1 speeding ticket in 20 yrs of driving...... am I asking for too much here? I want an cruiser to hide in some bushes and pass out tickets to people who speed down my street, through a school crossing, downshift from 3rd to second gear and pop the clutch instead of stopping like the big red sign says, and tell me to to get [censored] when I raise my voice. It's not just for my kids. Its for the old people that walk thier dogs, for the other people driving home from work, dropping their kids off for little league practice....... C'mon I want to hear from some Police type people too. What do I hafta do to get some results...... get some faith in my police dept? Right now I don't think much of them at all!

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

Re: AAAAAAAAAARGH! The [censored]\'s about to hit the fan!!! (RANT, READ WITH CAUTIO

quit wasting the cops time with your petty complaints about traffic violations that do not result in any property or personal damage.
    they could be spending that time hunting down ACTUAL criminals.

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Re: AAAAAAAAAARGH! The [censored]\'s about to hit the fan!!! (RANT, READ WITH CAUTIO

Quit wasting the COPS time? Stick it up your ass!! They work for me! The tax payer!!

4. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

You know what? Watch your 6 yr old stand on the side walk and get smeared by a car and tell yourself to quit wasting the cops time. What a dick you are.

5. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

You know mj I have never had a problem with you. In fact I find your info on 4 wheel drives quiet helpfull. I will say this time that you are way out of line. The poor guy was probably scared sh!tless for the safty of his kids and you tell him to quit wasting the cops time. WTF Dude! You owe him a big time appoligy.

6. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Can you get speed bumps put in? Or get permission and put them in yourself?

-Aaron

7. Djroffroad

Djroffroad 1/2 ton status

Unfortunatly we are an after the fact Nation. You just might have to loose a kid to get results.

m_j.... Is that what has to happen to support jimmyjack? Tell anyone that lost a child that they are being petty and you will find yourself on your a$$. That's not a personal attack on you, just a fact.

8. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

I lived on a major 4 lane street as a 5+ year old.
    strange, but my lil bro and I learned real quick to stay off the street.

9. Djroffroad

Thats fine if cars would stay on the road durring an accident. I was in the back seat of a car one time. We where going 25 through a residential area when we came to an intersection with no stop signs. We met another car that spun us around. The other car jumped the curb and almost hit a picnic table where there was 15 adults and children having a picnic in their yard. Thank God nobody got hit. It could have been a disaster.

There is a reason for speed limits. It is the same reason the police enforce them. There just isn't much enforcment in residential areas.

Jimmy, I would suggest collecting video and sending it to your local goverment officials to show the danger your family faces on a daily basis at home.

10. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

Didn't you see the article on the front page of the Citizen a couple of weeks ago? The cops have been ordered by the city not to do anything that might piss people off - kind of a "politically correct" law enforcement scheme. Next time someone goes blazing through there (providing it isn't a red/white K5 or Bronco with a gold IAFF sticker in the wing window/forums/images/icons/wink.gif) call the cops and threaten to go vigilante - watch how quick they get their asses out there. Or get some of the neighbors riled up and throw a petition in the council's face to assign a permanent traffic cop to the neighborhood.

Not to be a conspiracy theorist, but I believe they want more traffic accidents to happen before elections roll around so they can pass all of their pork barrel transportation projects - The ones TFD and TPD are pushing for so mightily even though we'll all be retired before the interchanges on Grant make even a tiny difference. (It already takes forever to get to TMC from this side of town, why in the hell would we want to make it worse??)

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The media is a good place to start. Call all your local TV news and ask them to do a story on it. Call your newspaper about it also. Go to public city meeting and bring it up. Call city council members, ...ect.

12. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

I would bug the hell out of the police dept with phone calls and going down there till they got sick of seeing me and make my self seen at all the "town meetings"
    I don't think they could help but maybe try the local mothers against drunk driving...They might help to get some results so there is no loss of life to get the results ....

And mj I have never met ya and yes you have helped me before and (if my bad memory serves me right) I said thanks but man that is out of line...jimmy should be giving a sorry.
    If it was my kids know to stay out of the street but that still doesn't mean the "assholes" can speed around the residents the cops are to "protect life" and they should do there job to see that the people of that area don't have a apeedway in the yard....peace mike

13. Djroffroad

Another conspiracy /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif
    Better not let the little Green men hear aout it /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

14. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I grew up on a busy street as well - we knew to stay the hell off the street, but the cars didn't know to stay on it. When I was about 6 or 7, we had a guy driving a van came down the hill too fast, lost control and ended up in our front yard, right through the fence and into my little neverending Tonka construction project. I had come in the house to watch Emergency! reruns about 10 minutes before it happened. Another neighborhood incident was a drunk coming down the hill way too fast, and landing on top of my granddad's car (city vehicle). Needless to say, once city property was destroyed, the cops developed an interest in sitting in the bushes and writing citations.

15. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

First off JimmyJack dont listen to MJ. He is just an ass who likes to purposly piss people off. Its what he loves to do. Just ignore the idiot.

Secondly start some petitions, keep going to town meetings and discuss this. You can even sit outside with your video camrea and tape these jerks.

I would also go to the papers. Tell them all of the times you have gone to the police and their calousness twards your problem and your children.

Your kids dont need to die before something gets done. Go to the news, get signatures, get other people on your street involved in this. Once you start claiming that the police refuse to PROTECT your children and you have proof of it there will start some actions.

You have every right to feel the way you do. I dont think I could contain myself eather. You sound like a great dad who is obviously very concerned over the safety of his children. Just dont give up. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

16. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

quit wasting the cops time with your petty complaints about traffic violations that do not result in any property or personal damage.
    they could be spending that time hunting down ACTUAL criminals.

<hr></blockquote>

Dude, you are way out of line on this. Be a man and apologize. Maybe one day when you have kids you might 'get it', but for now a quick apology is in order.

In some neighborhoods here they have installed some big mofo speed bumps, mostly to prevent quiet areas from becoming shortcuts in rush hour, but also to keep speeds down. See if that is a possibilty...

Rene

17. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Nice.... guy is concerned about the safety of his child and you reply with this... not that you obvious care (because you have no respect for anyone by how you conduct yourself by a lot of your replys) but what respect I had for you and your knowledge went right into the toilet. Real mature. I don't get the mentality of pissing people off because you find it funny... I would have thought after about age 12 or so you would have grown out of that....

18. Djroffroad

Someone in my town had a similar problem, so he decided to buy, and install speed bumps himself. He ended up in a battle with the city and they removed the speed bumps.

Well he got ahold of the media. Next thing you know, there are speed bumps all up and down his street.

You need support from your neigbors. You also need to scream loud enough and in the right directions.

We're behind ya /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

19. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

persistance, just keep bugging the cops about it. make sure you get everything in writing. write to your congress man, local newpaper, tv, get the local schools involved. talk to you're kids' school principal. that's where most of your taxes go to. if that don't work. park you car in the middle of the street and move it when the cops decide to come over.

ARQ.

20. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I hear ya on that.
    I mean i love to stomp on the gas pedal, but theres a time and a place for it. Going down a residential street with kids playing is not the place to be doing that kind of crap.
    And cars don't stay on the road in accidents. ...In the last year over at my dad's house there have been three accidents...
    1. Drunk driver in a truck hit the pole head on right out front of my dad's house. Cops came, he got a DUI.
    2. Some drunk driver took out our front fence and buried his truck about 10 feet away from the front of our house. My dad woke up to the sounds of the guy spinning the tires in reverse trying to get off our front lawn. The truck was stuck, he got out and ran down the street, the cops caught him and gave him a DUI.
    3. A SOBER lady took out our front fence and side fence, and wound up halfway in the nextdoor neighbor's living room.

I am so lucky that my truck or car wasn't parked in the line of fire, or that i wasn't standing out there at the wrong time. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

So No, cars don't only stay on the road. Watch out.

And i believe in karma, what goes around comes around. everyone gets what they deserve usually. That guy driving like an idiot... if he continues, he won't have a licence for much longer.