Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AAAAAHHH FRICKIN BRAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEED HELP ASAP!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddysub, Feb 6, 2003.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

ok i just replaced my calipers and pads on the front. bled the brakes 5 times and the pedal still goes all the way to the floor when i try stopping the suburban. there'e probably 3-4" of dead pedal before pressure builds up enought to stop it. whats going on?? what am i doing wrong?!

i've got everything tight with all the brass washers in place and brand new pads on brand new calipers.

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

You didn't mention the rear brakes. Even if you didn't touch the rears you need to bleed them also. Also how is your master cylinder? Are you bleeding them correctly starting with the passenger rear then drivers rear then passenger front then drivers front.

3. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

your brand new calipers were full of air. now its all in your system. you need to bleed system completely. starting at master cylinder then going to each wheel starting with the one farthest away from the master cylinder

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

well thats lovely. i guess i'm drivin the furd to work tomorrow, and tomorrow i'll bleed the whole frickin thing. thanks guys.